• Radio

Votes: 120 68.2%
  • No Radio

Votes: 35 19.9%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 21 11.9%

• Total voters
-
I vote for the radio but it seems that no one in my family seems to like the same music

I vote for a radio - gotta have tunes! Currently I don't have one in my Barracuda - someone thought they needed my radio more than I did = they broke my wing window and stole it! I miss it, but haven't had the funds to put anything nice to replace it. I kept my original radio in the dash and had installed a newer Kenwood unit under the dash. Looking to replace it this next summer maybe :) They left me the 6x9's I have in the rear seperator between the fastback window and the trunk, and I bought some Pioneer 6" speakers for under the dash up front. A small amplifier - 4 channel 50 or 80 watts per channel should make it sound really nice. Currently, I'm listening to my engine through the headers!!!

i voted no only because the dash looks better that way. if you do the glove box thing then hell ya radio lol i built a custom box for my 67 valiant then carpeted it the same as the car. used CB mounts for it on the tranny hump and extended the plug so it was removable if i wanted. wish i still had pics for you. in the end you would never know it had a stereo in it even though i hid 6x9's a few tweeters and a 12" sub in the spare tire hole. I use to blast out the hondas playing rap with Frank Sinatra.lmfao Loved the looks we got!

Not much would fit my 64 & 65 openings, so I got an HD Radio tuner for both. The interface is a thin panel you can mount on the front of the dash. You also need to hide a stereo amp somewhere. They also pickup regular stations. Paid ~$25 ea on ebay.

I just screwed on a new antenna today. It was nice to be able to listen to Hannity while working on the car, and the Brewer game this afternoon. Listening to an AM radio in a old car just seems right.

-
Back