Ralley Dash

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Hey all, I thought I would brag a little and show off my 95% complete resto of my ralley dash! I'm finally almost done after lots of swearing and almost throwing it across the room a couple of times!! lol.. I had a big problem at first with the paint! It kept wrinkling on me.. Just a few touch-ups and I'm done! The wood grain kit is not 100% on the fit,( P.G. Classic's)but pretty dam nice.. Thanks for looking.. Craig.

Attachments

• Picture 218.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 282
This one is not for sale..To much time and frustration.. I think the one on Ebag was a early one with the flasher above the light switch.. Lots of those around..

I would give you $500 for your a lot quicker that $300 for the one on e-bay! Nice Job!!!

hey! great job. your turned out better than mine, cause you put a new woodgrain in it!, as mine, i just lighty sanded it and clear coated it :) great work

Thanks for all the feedback People! I'm really not blowing my own horn..lol.. I'm just finally relieved that it's almost done! Just to answer a couple of questions.. I used Oven cleaner to remove the old paint.(Homecloned) told me that trick! Then I used Plastic Kote Bumper paint for the chrome parts.I ordered the wood grain kit from P.G. Classics.Like I said earlier the fit is not perfect,but nice stuff.I hand painted the gauges orange,and just cleaned it all.It for sure looks better in the pic's,but it turned out nice. I'm happy with the results. Besides it sure beats having one restored back to original..I've heard it runs about $6-7 hundo!! Thanks again I'm hoping to do another soon.. Steve,I would love to strike a deal for your tach! I wish I had some thing to trade? Craig.

Hey all, I thought I would brag a little and show off my 95% complete resto of my ralley dash! I'm finally almost done after lots of swearing and almost throwing it across the room a couple of times!! lol.. I had a big problem at first with the paint! It kept wrinkling on me.. Just a few touch-ups and I'm done! The wood grain kit is not 100% on the fit,( P.G. Classic's)but pretty dam nice.. Thanks for looking.. Craig.

Craig,

very nicely done!

Craig That is a super job... Got mine out and I'm just starting.. Hope mine will look 60% as nice when done..
So are you saying you wouldn't buy the wood grain from them again??? I want to do burl wood in mine so might be tough to find that.
Oven cleaner huh?? got it.

Great Job! Lots of love in that one

Looks sweet! I, for one, would rather have a car (or part) that isn't 100% perfect and do the work myself, no matter how much the "professional" restoration cost.

Way to go!

Looks sweet! I, for one, would rather have a car (or part) that isn't 100% perfect and do the work myself, no matter how much the "professional" restoration cost.

Way to go!
// I agree! Lots of pride by doing it yourself as well!! Thanks for the positive comments!!

-
Back