Rallys or Cragers? Your Opnion

-

cudafan

Reaction score
Which do you perfer Factory Rally wheels or Crager ss wheels?
Your opnion matters!8)

I've had both on my Swinger. I like the option of changing when the mood strikes. I do have to admit, there has never been a wheel (in my opinion) that makes an A body look more tough than the Cragar SS.

Everyone has their own opinions, here's mine. SS Cragars look best on GM like 65 Impala. Keystone Classics look best on Fords like 65 Mustang.
I haven't seen the wheel that looks better on a mopar than the factory rallyes.

These:

1007Qstd.jpg

Are those American Racing Torque Thrusts, and are they available like that, in that finish, for SBP?

In 1970, my new 1970 Duster 340 had American Racing Torque Thrust 'D' s !
Great looking wheel!

I like them all. I have a set of Cragars, Ralleys, Centerlines, Ansen Sprints, and a partial set of Keystone Klassics and Slotted chrome steels all in small bolt pattern. I also like the painted steel with poverty cap look too. It's all personal taste.

Are those American Racing Torque Thrusts, and are they available like that, in that finish, for SBP?

In 1970, my new 1970 Duster 340 had American Racing Torque Thrust 'D' s !
Great looking wheel!

SBP may be a problem stock. Not positive. Here's a D.

arv_torqthrustd_anthml_ci3_l.jpg

From all the pics I've seen, the wheel choice can really depend on the color of the car, what looks great on a light color doesn't always look as good on a dark color. Also, what looks good on the Dart/Scamp doesn't necessarily look as good on the Demon/Sport/Duster.

Right now I'm running rallyes, have a set of Cragars, and really like the Centerlines, but I have to go with homecloned on this one - IMO the grey Torq Thusts are one of the best looks on a A-Body, especially on a lighter colored one.

Rally wheels with the small dome center caps are nice. (My personal favorite.)

Cragars are nice but you better buy 5 just in case you ruin one. How long will they be available? In the past I have seen too many with a chrome peel issue.

For my 1968 Barracuda I have the factory mag wheel covers with the exposed lug nuts. I have a set of rallies that are coming in on UPS Friday.

I am going to be crushing cars again very soon and then I will buy 5 new Cragars and spare lug nuts.

I am like 340john, I can change wheels depending on my mood also.

Cragers with black walls. With raised whites it looks to busy. My 2cents.

I've got rally's on the Twister,but love the look of Cragar's.I'll get some after my repaint.

I always thought Keystone Klassics went with Mopars like spaghetti went with meatballs.

-
Back