Rant;Mancini and shipping

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So after I posted looking for books in the wanted section somone told me that Macicni had them on sale. So I ordered them. Knowing the UPS sucks on international shipping,I made the only non ups shipping choice there was. First class mail. So Mancin sends the reciept after shipping. $30 to ship 2 books!!!!! I was NEVER given the option to cancel. This has happened before with a company called Musiciansfriend.Seems to be a common theme for sucking people in with a low price and then raping them on the shipping.

I tried repeatedly to cancel the order. No responce. Sent 3 emails.No reponce. The books arrived yesterday and finally I recieve a responce today from Dan Angelini claiming he was out of his office. How convenient. And he simply said "the price is the price".

I am done with them.Too bad for them too seeing as how my project is just beginning. I think Summit will get my business. At least they are up front about shipping.

I just ordered the Summit /6 swap to 360 conversion kit, got it yesterday. $60 for the kit, $10 handling and $30 shipping, all in US $, then $39 Cdn on my end for a bit of GST and a lot of brokerage. It came as no surprise, the price of doing business with a foreign country even if it's right next door. It sucks but what can you do :munky2:

If they cant tell me shipping before I purchase,I will not buy from them.

I have found Summit to be top notch,over the rest.

I recently bought a hoodie Mopar sweatshirt from Summit,that was on sale. When I got it the lettering was a little off kilter. Called them up to explain the situation. They told me no problem,keep the one you have and we will send you another. WOW !!!!

Now that is the type of company that seperates them from the rest.

Packaging is always top-notch and on time.

Your books would have cost you around $9.00 (in the US) to ship from them.

Seems like they should have sent that package with the book rate. It probably would have saved a ton.

Seems like most of the Mopar oriented parts houses engage in this kind of crap. Try finding out what your shipping cost is from TTi before you agree to pay. Try not to pass out when you hear what they charge.

I work at a mail order company, so I know what the real shipping costs are.
What they (TTi, Mancini) charge seems to be about 200% of cost.

Steve

I just ordered LCA bracing plates & a torsion bar tool from Mancini. I filled out the order & got to check out. They have a spot to fill in your shipping info, pick the type of shipping option (UPS, USPS, etc) & then a button that says "Apply". When I clicked on the "Apply" button nothing changed, no shipping was added. Being naive, I just figured there was no shipping due to the order being over $50 & the current state of the economy. More & more vendors are waiving shipping to get business. Why have an "Apply" button if your software is not able to compute shipping? :banghead: It is 2010, how many sites are not able to compute shipping anymore, seriously? The next day I get an email telling me that they added $10.10 shipping to my order! What kind of business is that? I never got the option to cancel, decline or approve the transaction. That is unethical & unfair! I also tried to respond to the email to express my concerns & have yet to hear back from them. I WILL NEVER USE MANCINI RACING AGAIN, EVER! :angry7: Then when the torsion bar tool showed up I was actually embarrassed that I spent $35 for it! It is 2 pieces of steel welded together & bolted to a channeled piece of what appears to be cast iron, it could not cost more than $10 to make if not less. Once I get a little better at welding I will be making & selling them for considerably less. This was a terrible decision on my part & hopefully if even 1 person reads this & saves their money it will be worth it.

They act like telling you shipping prices over the phone is like pulling teeth.

The salesguy on the phone has to leave the room to go to get a total for your parts you just ordered.
If you don't have the part number in front of you, it's like pulling teeth.

They will ship your stuff missing certain items that they never said were not in stock then get all pissy with you if you call them to say "Thanks for telling me the stuff was not in stock."

They give you an attitude when you ask if certain items are in stock while ordering.

Then they give you the wrong freaking parts! Or inferior parts.

Just this last time, I ordered a 180 degree thermostat and they gave me a freaking 160 degree one.

I ordered U-bolts that came with the nuts that had half of the threads missing from poor quality control.
One nut did not have threads at all.

Yes, I have dealt with them twice and got bad results both times.

If this place wants to advertize in all the mopar mags as one of the top Mopar performance parts suppliers, I strongly suggest they get their act together and send their employees out for some customer service training and quality control because as it stands, nothing has changed and they seem to be pretty much set in their ways of doing crappy business.

I would like nothing more than to say "Yeah man, these guys are the best", but not after getting burned twice.

I'm sure some have had great dealings with them for years, but maybe I just got the crap end of the stick twice in a row.

As a small business owner I realize that things happen that are out of my control but you would figure that if you keep getting calls from dissatified customers you would try to ramp up your efforts to eliminate the recurring problems especially when they can be dealt with so easily with simple preparedness like having a parts list in front of you, a calculator, shipping price sheet, access to in stock inventory, and the cordiality of verifying the parts are in stock.

Makes me wonder if this is a one man operation with ten half naked babies running around while mamma is out shopping for shoes.

I just got taken to the pea patch by fedEx. I processed 3 shipping requests and none of them went through their system. But, I was charged 3 shipping charges for a total of $180. There is no record of the transaction. I was told the money would be credited to my account in 3 to 5 working days when 'they' realized nothing shipped.
I attribute this to using Firefox. When using any online ordering make sure you use IE. Many companies don't support Firefox encryption thus the billing may get fouled up. Things like hitting 'apply' and not getting a response or 'credit card invalid' are classic examples. Just a FYI. But...Mancini...they are who they are and do what they do.

I've never done business with Mancini because over the years they never once have answered an e-mail from me or a friend of mine whenever we have had a question about an item. I guess they just didn't want my business.

What we have done in the past is that if one of us was going to order parts from the States, we'd let the other one know. Instead of paying broker fees on two orders, we would place one big order and then split the broker fees. You still pay large on shipping but at least we saved a few dollars. Summit was generally pretty good to deal with.

Wylde1.

I've never ordered books from them,but have spent a lot of money buying parts and they built my last center section for me,they have always been very helpfull too with any questions i've had,i either buy from Summit or them and seeing as they know what they're talking about when it comes to Mopar i use them 85% of the time:thumbup::thumbup:

I bought a set of headers from summit and didn,t use them until a year later.Found that they were the wrong ones for my truck.Called summit to order the right ones.They had me buy the new ones then send the other ones back for my money back.I allways get shipping up front.I also bought a lot of stuff from mancini but asked for the shippihg price before I gave them my card. Mark

I just ordered LCA bracing plates & a torsion bar tool from Mancini. I filled out the order & got to check out. They have a spot to fill in your shipping info, pick the type of shipping option (UPS, USPS, etc) & then a button that says "Apply". When I clicked on the "Apply" button nothing changed, no shipping was added. Being naive, I just figured there was no shipping due to the order being over $50 & the current state of the economy. More & more vendors are waiving shipping to get business. Why have an "Apply" button if your software is not able to compute shipping? :banghead: It is 2010, how many sites are not able to compute shipping anymore, seriously? The next day I get an email telling me that they added $10.10 shipping to my order! What kind of business is that? I never got the option to cancel, decline or approve the transaction. That is unethical & unfair! I also tried to respond to the email to express my concerns & have yet to hear back from them. I WILL NEVER USE MANCINI RACING AGAIN, EVER! :angry7: Then when the torsion bar tool showed up I was actually embarrassed that I spent $35 for it! It is 2 pieces of steel welded together & bolted to a channeled piece of what appears to be cast iron, it could not cost more than $10 to make if not less. Once I get a little better at welding I will be making & selling them for considerably less. This was a terrible decision on my part & hopefully if even 1 person reads this & saves their money it will be worth it.[/quot cuda2ya here Ive trying to put together a 67 cuda If you deal with all of them long enough youll have problems. I do agree with a thread Ive ordered from mancini and they did not get my order correct. Lucky for me it was to my advantage. Summit packaged poorly. On ebay I recieved an empty box that was to have a camshaft in it. Most business people loose touch with the person who is working on a fixed budget. the key is to call them up and let them know you have a problem. Most will reciprocate and the disputes will be resolved. I do know of Mancini,s knowledge, my dad raced in Detroit and Ron Mancini was one of my dads big source of knowledge. dont give up too quick. Been there too,cuda2ya (Ed)

I ordered a torque strap from Mancini & they sent the wrong one. I called them & they said send it back & since it was their mistake they reimbursed me for the return shipping & sent me the correct part.

Mancini's was not very responsive or helpful towards me when I called them. The guy made me feel like I was bothering him. So F'em. Lot's of other companies who want my business, better prices too probably.

I ordered a torque strap from Mancini & they sent the wrong one. I called them & they said send it back & since it was their mistake they reimbursed me for the return shipping & sent me the correct part.

Wednesday 27th? I ordered on the phone, the steering wheel extension needed to use a repoped Tuff wheel from Mancini. The part was 18 dollars and I forgot to ask how much to ship..........we will see and I will post it here.

I know a guy that is putting LBP disc brakes and wheels on his 69. He asked me if he could borrow my big ball joint socket.
Since I have moved and last used it in 2000, my son and I scoured the 'parts' room as well as the garage to no avail. The next morning I dialed up Year One. The next morning the new one was in my hand.

Summit/Jegs seem to have standard policies of up front customer satisfaction/verification of part#, shipping price, etc, but mancini's seems to be stuck in the stoneage when it comes to customer service details.

First impression is everything, and I think they have the attitude of "Build it and they will come", but in todays world of competition, it is a cut throat business that thrives on beating the other guy with exempliary customer satisfaction.

I don't know much about the details of their operation but mancini's seems to run their business like a hobby instead of a competitive business.

Summit/Jegs seem to have standard policies of up front customer satisfaction/verification of part#, shipping price, etc, but mancini's seems to be stuck in the stoneage when it comes to customer service details.

First impression is everything, and I think they have the attitude of "Build it and they will come", but in todays world of competition, it is a cut throat business that thrives on beating the other guy with exempliary customer satisfaction.

I don't know much about the details of their operation but mancini's seems to run their business like a hobby instead of a competitive business.

Well,your right.Thier first impression wasnt good so Im done ordering until shipping transparancy is available.

Mancini's was not very responsive or helpful towards me when I called them. The guy made me feel like I was bothering him. So F'em. Lot's of other companies who want my business, better prices too probably.
last time i ordered from Mancini's i had a question so i called them. it must have been the same guy Goldfish65 dealt with, seemed like i was cutting into his break or something. on a side note, was just going to order some gun cleaning patches from Boretech, they had a minimum order of $20, which is not a big deal but they wanted $15.00 to ship 1000 patches, damn shipping materials outway the product.

I've delt with ron many times at mancini, I've must have bought at lest 8-9k worth of products from them within 2 yrs, 'odds n ends'
But have been buying from them for 10yrs.

They only screwed up once, and it was that they charged and sent me 2 sets of MP magnum R/T 2.02 intake valves.

oh and one time it took almost 2 weeks to get a large order.
and the 108 wb frame connectors need to be longer to fit tighter against the rear frame so that you can weld the thicker portion of the connector to to it.

They always tell me shipping when I ask, but I ask a hell of a lot of questions, putting them in a position to remember who I am and that I know what the hell is going on. Sometime they are learning parts app from ME.

not all the guys answering the phone are mancini's btw, some like ron work at krogers market on side, so not really living and breathing it, but I like ron still, good guy in my book.

I live a few miles from Mancini.

I am not going to argue with anyone's claims here because dealing with a lot of retailers remotely can be very frustrating.

But I will say, I sometimes dont know how they do it.
It's not a huge place, but they have a huge clientele, and are constantly running, so I could see where sometimes there are mixups and they might not be so responsive to emails and stuff like that.

But I'll tell ya, they've always treated me well and done the right thing if there ever was a problem. Most of my mopars have a good deal of parts from mancini on them. Whenever I walk in there, I dont even necessarily have to know a part number. they usually know what I'm talking about and come out form the back with it in a couple minutes.

What I amm most curious about is has anyone called them up and patiently tries to remedy an issue with them? With all the people they deal with every day (some of them quite rude) I can see where sometimes they might have a chip on their shoulder here and there. We're all only human.

This of course isnt intended to justify foulups or anything, but it's just intended to clarify on what I observe when I walk in there. I dont know how they keep up.

I'm thankful I have them so close by. Especially with all the other outlets closing down around me, it's becoming really hard to get the things I need, but mancini has alwasy come through for me.

I agree they shou8ld be a little more up front about the shipping. Maybe they have a system where they dont know until the order is placed? I dunno about that. But I agree with the shipping frustrations.

I'm glad I can just walk in.

-
Back