Rant: Poor Customer Service

-

340_dart_power

Reaction score
Any of my fellow FABO Members deal with these guys before?

Jim's Auto Parts
40 Lowell Rd Rt. 38 Salem, NH 03079
Phone (603) 898-0535

I called up there yesterday about buying several steering components and practically begged to speak with a Service Tech, but had some woman who obviously had no clue about the parts they were selling tell me their Technical guys were, and I quote, "too busy working on cars" to talk to me about my parts needs.
I told her, "Ma'am, I'm trying to spend money with your company and give you my business, but I just want to speak with someone who has the technical knowledge about my Dodge" Nope, they're too busy to talk with a Customer.
I got off the phone and hit the Internet looking for another supplier w/o success, and wound up calling back and ordering what I hope are the right parts to finish the steering build.
I could not believe how bad the attitude was; usually the suppliers I've dealt with have been great, such as Summit, PST, Firm Feel, Right Stuff Detailing, etc. Not this group.
Is it a New Hampshire thing? The horrible attitude?
I've not traveled up there so I don't know.
Rant over.

Old "Jims" auto......If I remember right they are on the "Do not buy from list".

Thought at one time (or maybe we still do) we had a list of preferred and non-preferred vendors.
If we dont, maybe we should.

JD

That's nice to know. I've been on there site several times in the last week getting ready to buy some parts. Perhaps I'll look elsewhere.

A list would be great for those of us that are just getting started with restoration projects.

Jims has been in the news here, mostly bad from what I can remember, for a couple of years. Especially if ya gotto return something.

Did you get a shipping total. If not enjoy that one when you find out!

Google would have allowed you to read up about what absolute horrid Pieces O'**** those people are. Especially that byatch that answers the phone and rides a broom for transportation.

Hope this ends well for you, I have my doubts.

Did you get a shipping total. If not enjoy that one when you find out!

Google would have allowed you to read up about what absolute horrid Pieces O'**** those people are. Especially that byatch that answers the phone and rides a broom for transportation.

Hope this ends well for you, I have my doubts.

good luck 340 if this is CB's attitude twords somebody... standup guy right there that shoots straight for sure! helped me on more than one occasion...

I,ve read stories about the nasty hag on the phone,seems like your bothering her with questions?LOL:laughing:

Run away from Jim's as fast as possible. Have heard nothing but bad things about them, their customer service and their shipping practices!!

Well, despite having dealt with the unpleasant Phone Crone I did get the correct steering parts for the Dart, amazingly enough. Shipping was quick and we'll be able to move forward and put the Blue Beast back together again.
What was discouraging was the fact that I couldn't find another source for these parts and had to call Jim's back and place the order to get what I needed.
Good luck to anyone else who finds himself in a similar situation. Buyer Beware.

What was this part that couldn't be had elsewhere?
C

Don't walk away, run. I researched them when I was looking for some parts, and 99% of what I read was negative.

One was the steering column bearing (looks like a doughnut) which fits up inside the tunnel/shaft through the firewall where the steering column comes through into the engine compartment and "centers" the column in the middle of the tunnel/shaft.
The other was the rebuild kit which has new components to go inside the coupler which fits on the end of the steering column where it attaches to the steering box.
Both were/are new parts, and no one else seemed to have them.
Sorry if I'm off on my descriptions of where these go.

Before you install the bushing/bearing, look and see if there are any numbers on it so someone might be able to source it from a provider.

The coupler rebuild kit is available from multiple sources including e-bay, ehrenberg, etc.

-
Back