rare 340 4 barrel intake

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i thought it was rare because i have worked on cars my whole life and i have never seen another 340 duster with this kind of intake and yes it does give more hp for i have raced another 73 duster with a reg 4 barel intake and i beat it by 2 seconds now again i have none stock cam and headers but yes it does give off more horse

oh and from what i remember i don't think its aluminium because it wheighs a **** load but i would have to clean it up and take the paint off

I don't mean to put my foot in the door here, but did Sparky not just stick up for you and say 'the guy is just asking a question' ?
Now mygwenevere66 is asking you a question, and you give him a 'did I not just answer that'. Cmon.

but why did he not read what i just wrote it 12:10 i am very tired this guy want to say **** to me then ask the a question i have just answerd then why shouldn't i be a bit frustrated i mean i will pull the (EDITED) thing out later today way later and i will answer the questions more thourowly then

in the picture you posted the intake shown is a single plane m1.there is a gap between the runners/plennum and the lifter valley which eliminates the exhaust cross-over and allows the intake charge to be cooler .does your intake have this gap?thats all i was asking.

and 70dartmike is that your dart

mygwenevere66 later today if i get around to it i will see and answer your question

pce for now and thnx for the help

Is this a cast iron or aluminum intake. If its iron its a 273 commando intake. If its aluminum its an aftermarket piece.

My 273 4bbl ('65 vintage) has a closed plenum, but single plane. It's almost falt, weighs aton, and has port shapes like a Street Dominator but much smaller, with a 4 hole AFB flange pad.

we are in a thunderstorm so i will go check but i can't give any promises

yo 70dart mike thoughs hood scoops you have what are they called cuz i used to own them on my 1973 duster and i want to get another set

thanks

dusterfan.....

What was it about the purple cams you wanted to know about?

I'd have to say, more so back in the day since the Mopar "Purple cams" were very much the best game in town over most every other cam maker unless you went to a full race styled cam.

MoPar still sells a bunch of there cams every year. they used to have a "Tips" section at the rear of there catolog with "Suggested parts" to use for the bracket racing tips. They broke there tips down into seconds and half seconds. Of course, they would suggest there cam to use and if you built the engine properly and used there suggested parts, you ran the time or better.

Anyone I have known that followed the tip section with a well done engine and etc..... car set up has not been disappointed at all and have run the time or better that they built the car for.

Today, many people opt for a split pattern cam from other grinders. While there is a bennifit to a split pattern cam, there usefulness can be shoved into a gray area and knowing how much of a split that is needed is often overlooked and pointlessly argued about.

from the description so far i think a few of the others nailed it,it sounds like a 273 4bbl intake that somebody ground out the plenum opening.

Weiand X-Celerator Intake Manifold - Chrysler 318 (late style), 340, 360 V8 IMCA Legal - This Weiand X–CELerator Manifold was specifically designed with the IMCA racer in mind. It is fully legal for use in IMCA Stock Car and Sportmod Competition. Power band: 1500-7000 RPM. Port Size: 2.08” height 1.27" width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back