Rare Dodge Dart GT? Which engine is this?

-
GM 2 jet Rochester. The carburetor that currently has a crack in it and doesn’t work :realcrazy:

IMG_2130.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

I have noticed throughout the years they seem to flip back and forth. I never really knew if I was looking at a replacement carb or not.

A Rochester 7041180 (Mopar part# 3512815) was stock on some '71 A & B body models with a 318 engine. IIRC, Carter was having some supply issues that year.

All the Holley 2bbl's I remember seeing (not counting 6bbl stuff) were on 360's and B engines, not 318's, but, as they say, never say never.

A question, did they move the alternator when an A body was converted to RHD? Could that set up be from a RHD car?

Could also pop one of the valve covers and see if it has the adjustable rockers that all 273 engines had. But, I would clean off that pad on the front drivers side block, just under the head, and get the numbers there. You can rule out a 64/65 engine by simply looking at the intake bolts, a 1/2” socket indicates the smaller 5/16” threads, which are unique to the 64/65 273. And, as a matter of reference, the 64 273 was only available with a 2bbl carb. Identifying the year and displacement is easy by looking at that stamped pad tho.

Only the '64-7 273's came with solid lifters and adjustable rockers. The '68-9 273's were hydraulic and used the same heads and valve gear as the 318.

All the Holley 2bbl's I remember seeing (not counting 6bbl stuff) were on 360's and B engines, not 318's, but, as they say, never say never.
Been a long time but looking back I think you are correct. They did come off 360's out of Vans. My 72' van had a Carter 2bbl, with a 318.

-
Back