Rarest A-body on Fabo?

-
Not too many of mine a 1967 Barracuda convertible 383 4 speed made or seen.

IMG_2231.JPG

Not too many of mine a 1967 Barracuda convertible 383 4 speed made or seen.

View attachment 1716102747
Now that is a rare car, and beautiful too. Do you remember the lady who joined a few years ago to sell her diseased husbands automatic 383 67 convertible and 383 S coupe? I believe the convertible was the only 383 automatic produced in 67, and it was blue on blue with a blue top? That car sold for $12k, which was a very good price, I just didn’t have the $$ to buy it back then!

In an alternate universe the cars are discussing which of us is the rarest owner. LOL

I haven't been to a car show going on four years now.
We've taken it all over the Midwest and including Carlisle, Mopars in the Park, MCACN and a six-page spread in MOPAR Collectors Guide.
Winning shows is not our main reason showing and sharing a piece of Mopar history is and enjoyed every moment.
I'm actually trying to decide whether to sell it or keep it. My MOPAR buddies tell me I'm crazy to consider selling it.

I don't know if anyone here owns it but one of the rarest A body's would be the '69 Formula S 340 convertible pilot car.

1686834892325.png

1686842167479.png

1686842143943.png

1686842205735.png

Last edited:
I’ll throw my hat into the ring. My M-code 69 GTS (running a 383 at the time). I know there were 640 of these built but this one is code 99 special order paint, painted A4 which wasn’t available on 69 Darts. It was painted Fiat red in the early 80s.

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg

One of the gss's I'm sure
I guess it depends on the options of the GSS's. I think we know of around 14 GSS Demons. No idea the option breakdown on those. Hopefully we can get a true list together from Larry's paperwork in the future.

Here is my window sticker options plus the GSS package of course:

1686849018925.png

One should also consider the cars with the limited paint colors. FM3, FK5 and even TX9 black.
I find the FM3 pink to be hideous. 1/2 year only availability for a GOOD reason.
Were there any FM3 340 Dusters built?
How about the rare MOD Top cars?
Were there any 360 4 door cars built?

Iirc I think I saw this car last November at the MCACN show ? I do remember talking to the owner and saying "how are you gonna get home with all the snow that has just fallen ". Beautiful and rare car.
I know mine was at MCACN in November. I don't remember this one there...may have missed it and that is unfortunate if I did.

I know mine was at MCACN in November. I don't remember this one there...may have missed it and that is unfortunate if I did.
Just going by my old memory. Definitely talked to a dude with a factory big block A body from the Buffalo NY area about the crazy snowfall and how the heck you gonna get that beautiful car home. Maybe the OP can set me straight. Maybe he was never there. Lol.

My Daughter's car that she pick up a couple of years ago, 1965 Valiant Signet Convertible, with the Commando 273, original black outside, red interior and white top, it will be stunning someday when its all done. from what i can figure out less than 50 made for 65

20211126_170915.jpg

@68original Terry has a 1968 Barracuda that’s not so rare…but it has about 8 original miles on it so the entire car is basically NOS….probably one of the only Barracudas…or MoPars like that in existence!!

Those are definately some rare cars on FABO, or even not just FABO.

I'd say also very rare, at least on FABO are RHD export cars, Australian Valiants, the Mexican and South African models, and the one Brazilian model I recall being posted. Some of the Canadian versions seem pretty rare too.

Last edited:
I think a four-door with a factory four-speed would be one of the rarest. I installed a four-speed from a '64 Barracuda in my '65 Valiant 100. But since not being original, we will have to keep looking.

65 Valiant1 edited.jpg

-
Back