Rat Rod's. Anyone have good pictures or info???

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Well, I finally picked up a rat rod project. I ended up getting a fairly complete 50 Coronet four door out of a field for nothing and think it would be a lot of fun to throw a 318 and a 904 in it, paint it flat black, and drive it. I will get pics this week when I go get it. But for now. Post some rat pics up please. :)

Here's a Mopar from the Somerset, Kentucky Cruise in May 2009

029_Medium_.jpg

027_Medium_.jpg

028_Medium_.jpg

This could be a Rat Rod. It's setting just off the Interstate in
Conway, Texas. Took this pic Oct. 2009

166_Medium_.jpg

164_Medium_.jpg

163_Medium_.jpg

And here's the last one

DSCF1362_Medium_.jpg

Oops, sorry....that was my 'Cuda

My bad:-D

Its a Ford but its my first "rat rod" project. Mechanically it is a1 brand new all overhauled. I spent 2 years working on it mostly gathering parts with the patina to replace what was missing/shot. Believe me, these things can suck up as much $ as cars! Who says rat rods have to be cars? Trusty Rusty is a 1951 Ford 8N

I've had a couple young guns ask me where I got the paint on my Dart. They thought it was a rat rod. LOL toolman

Here,s a rear shot of a truck I seen with a Caddy engine hooked up in the back of the box(RWD now)The guy had painted it to look like it was just dragged out of a field.Pretty cool truck!8)
View attachment 174197

Mo, that thing is SICK!!!!! I want it bad. :)

I picked up the car tonight. The floors are shot. But really the rest of the car is solid. Pretty much everything is there except the steering column and box. So I will have to figure something out there. I am thinking that I would like to try and build this for between $1000-$1500. I have a 727 sitting in the back that I got for free and I know of a 318 I can get for cheap. Now I just need to put aside some time to build it.

morepics005.jpg

morepics006.jpg

morepics010.jpg

morepics011.jpg

Also, thanks for all the other pics too. I love the old 8N. My uncle has a few of them.

An old poly 318 would keep the rat vibe going and time to time i see them being given away. Just a thought.

The problem with the poly's is there are no parts around. Otherwise I would be glad to do that. I have several LA's that I can get for cheap or possibly even have. I have a friend that wants to trade a 727 that I have for a good running 70 318. I also scored a set of truck headers for free. I hope to be able to use them. Should be a fun build if I do it.

The body overall is solid. The floors are gone though. Trying to figure a fun ratty way to fix them.

Too bad corrugated roof tin would be so hard to seal because of the ribs.

I was thinking about using a ton of license plates and bolting them all together. :)

Okay guys. I really want a 50's or earlier International truck to rat. I have always loved the 55ish with the two small back windows. So here's the deal. If anyone here is interested in this coronet, please let me know. I am not out to make a killing on it, but would like what I could get at the scrap yard for the work of pulling it out of the field and loading it up. I am also going to be posting it for sale on KSL or craigslist. So let me know.

Jeremy

It's not a Mopar but it is a very cool rat rod. It's a 1937 Chevy pickup.
ratrod.jpg

Here is my 1965 Dodge Dart Rat Wagon:
She has Pinstriping inside and out,
Mexican Blanket seat covers,
More to come when I get her back home from Dr. Waggins.

View attachment 175572

View attachment 175573

View attachment 175574

View attachment 175575

View attachment 175576

View attachment 175577

Later,
Bruce B.

Her thread on FABO:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=458337#post458337

More pics on photo bucket of the day I bought her:
http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u350/7071dartgtreg/1965 Dart Wagon/

Here is my 1965 Dodge Dart Rat Wagon:
She has Pinstriping inside and out,
Mexican Blanket seat covers,
More to come when I get her back home from Dr. Waggins.

View attachment 175572

View attachment 175573

View attachment 175574

View attachment 175575

View attachment 175576

View attachment 175577

Later,
Bruce B.

Her thread on FABO:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=458337#post458337

More pics on photo bucket of the day I bought her:
http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u350/7071dartgtreg/1965 Dart Wagon/