Re: AlterKtion Suspension...

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
I am going to upgrade to AlterKtion pieces once I get going on my '71 Demon project very soon. My question is, have any of you ran an air ride in conjuction and if so what are the parts or part numbers you used? I've seen a couple of A-bodies done with the air ride, but no details as to which parts were used, and since someone else has made it work, why waste my time figuring out what does and just find out the info get things ordered. Thanks a bunch.

Give Bill at RMS a call and ask him since something would probably have to be welded into the K frame to accept the bags he'd be the man for the job.

He does....one caveat. You must grind a bit on the spindle to clear the airwave shocks. Interference on the lower part where the ball joint attaches. The mod shouldn't compromise the structural integrity of the spindle.....so he said (Bill). I have about 1800 miles on mine and so far so good. Clearance at ride height is good and clearance at full drop is .30+.....good enough so the bag does not get scraped every time I drop it.

Here is the issue for your info.:study:

Mop

Attachments

• 100_0150.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_0151.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 401
PS...Be ready to open your wallet....I was shocked by the cost for little things like the air hose connectors for the shocks, tank and solenoids....you think you can use home depot stuff? Forgetaboutit..

Expect to pay 7-10K for complete conversion...RMS kit, paint/powder coat, brakes, air wave shocks, compressor, solenoid kit, lines, fittings, electrical relays, wiring, fuse block, basic ride controls with gauges....Then you got wheels.....you could probably do air bags and re-arch the leafs and save a few$$$

I'm still recovering but it was worth it.....save on.:usa2:

Mop

Ya,,,wallet will take a hit, but I only want to do this once. Do you get some "credit" on the kit by not using the coilovers and upgrading to bags, I would assume yes? Thx for the info, much appreciated momoparman.

Yes you get a credit for the coil overs...or you can get them through him as well.

If you have any other questions just post them here...there are several of us here that use this front end.

Mop

Ok ,,,next question I should have asked in last post. What are the part numbers of the the shocks you installed front and rear (I'm assuming you did the Lynx setup or a 4 link of some sort in the backend), is it the b or e body kit with the slight modification to the spindle or different units all together? Maybe in the meantime I will shop around for best pricing and/or keep my eyes on the classifieds for used stuff. Probably doubtful to find a good deal on shocks, but I have come across decent deals on the rest of the system for used stuff. Cheers

Rear is a custom unit...I had to loose some spare tire area to get it slammed and since I didn't tub it I am limited on my t ire width 255.

Shocks part numbers should be discussed with Bill Reilly at RMS. He will get you what you are looking for. I don't have my part numbers handy sorry.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_0297.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_0300.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_0303.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_0304.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_0307.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_0312.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 269
Thanks,,,I'm going to mini-tub my Demon. Want the 345 wide at the back end. Will be talking with Bill in the next couple of weeks. Selling off some other toys to finance the Demon, can't wait to get on it.

Pics of my Demon in storage. Body is straight, was on a roticery and all the underside, engine bay, interior and trunk are already sprayed the original Citron Yellow. Unfortunately I'm going to have to mess that paint up a bit to weld in 4 link pieces and a cage. The 340 was built by previous owner and never fired, he was told should be good for 400HP, I picked up another 340 that I'm building a stroker with that should be good for 550HP, 6 pack 340 might get used for the summer if stroker not ready in time.

-
Back