Re-chromed dash parts

-
Thanks for the pictures Dartman. I sent him my rally dash hes had it for about a month now, I cant wait to get it back. Did he contact you when it was ready?

Those are really nice. I've been using Mr. G's in Fort Worth for years. ( http://www.mrgusa.com ) I have never had a problem with service from him. He carries inventory so if you need A 73 Dart instrument cluster, you send him a good core and you get his. If you want YOUR part chromed, he can do that, too. It just takes a little longer.

He does the woodgrain on the bezels that had it the same way Mopar did. He also has all sorts of trim fasteners, too.

Wow, that is beautiful work! Thanks for the heads-up about the talented, standup-guy FABO member. (and also wow, that '65 Dart factory A/C bezel is a scarce piece.)

VAE is located in Michigan. I checked on GCAR as well as Auto Instruments in my state of VA and several others and chose VAE because of recommendations from other members of this site (plus his prices were really good too!). His web site is posted elsewhere in this thread and you can take those prices to the bank.

Is your GT a hardtop or convert. I've got a 65 GT convert that I've owned since '84 and is undergoing a complete resto.

It's a hardtop-you sent me a couple of spare seat buttons you had. I gotta post some pics on here! Sorry for the slight thread hijack!

Thanks for the pictures Dartman. I sent him my rally dash hes had it for about a month now, I cant wait to get it back. Did he contact you when it was ready?

Depending on how busy he is (since he does Brand X parts as well), it should take 4 to 6 weeks to get parts done. He will call you when your parts are done. As I mentioned earlier, he prefers to be paid by PayPal - that way if you have a problem with his work, you have recourse with PP to get it resolved (I seriously doubt you'll have any issues with his work!).

Wow, that is beautiful work! Thanks for the heads-up about the talented, standup-guy FABO member. (and also wow, that '65 Dart factory A/C bezel is a scarce piece.)

Yes - it's gorgeous and a photo just cannot do it justice. The Dart AC/Heater bezel - It took me over 4 years to finally locate one and it was on a rusted out parts car I won on eBay - a 65 GT hardtop - originally a 273/235HP, 4 speed, factory AC car. I have since obtained another one - probably ought to liquidate it now that I have one redone,

I've been using Mr. G's in Fort Worth

It looks as if Mr. G's has problems with spotty/problematic workmanship and customer service. It's enough to push me away from Mr. G's even though I don't have total faith in the linked site's warnings, given that Layson's sent in a self-serving letter claiming to be a vacuum plating operation (when in fact they just mark up and sell other people's stuff...if you're lucky, but the problems with Layson's are well covered in many threads on this and other boards).

I hate to ask but how much did it cost to get me in the ball park on pricing,they look fantastic!!!

It looks like Mr G's is only going to do the plating from now on. This is on the bottom of the pages on their website: "As we run out of detailed exchanges we will no longer offer detailing."

Why in the world would someone hi-jack a thread for a member here,to throw in another vendors name ?

Start your own thread.

Dont get this site sometimes.

Ok,off my soap box.

Anyways,can someone give us the "FABO" members website ?

WOW,awesome work !!! Got his site saved for future referanc !!! THANKS for the info,and the eye candy !!!:cheers:

Although I haven't received them yet, Vic from VAE Dash Restorations - http://www.vae-restorations.com sent me the before and after pictures of the 66 Barracuda instrument bezel, glove box and end panel I'm gonna use on my custom gauge dash in my wagon. I am so stoked up on these parts :cheers: Sharp-eyed members probably noticed the heater/AC bezel which is not for the Barracuda. It's actually for my 65 GT (which is getting a stock dash). His prices are decent as well plus I would rather support a member's business endeavors. For some reason the "Before" picture won't upload; trust me - the parts were pretty crappy looking.

The look super, thought I should mention Mr G's, never dealt with him, but the prices look great for my 64 Dart. Here is the link:

http://www.mrgusa.com/pdfs/RechromeMopar1-5.pdf

Don! Those parts looks awesome. I will round up all my stuff and ship it right off. Jeez, that was nice, really nice. I have done my cluster with all the gauges and the board on the backside so now I just need to get stuff rechromed. Does he polish the plastic glass as well? Thanks for the info.

This is an old thread....VAE I believe is no longer in business. Im in the same boat...looking for someone that does great work!

Attachments

• Cuda Dash Restore resized0004.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 171
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0007.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0003.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Cuda Dash Restore resized0010.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 189
I share your thoughts on laysons when I ordered headlight bezels for my 64 Dart Gt. They indicated I would receive a 20% off credit because I mentioned that there was no place to enter the online coupon while I checked out . I never received the credit. And, after inspecting the bezels I notice a really small nick, not really noticeable, but the box was relabeled. When I pulled the bar-code label off, low and behold, they were labeled as flawed bezels underneath. Makes me feel like I got burnt.

I honestly don't know what that silver color is (I just have the pictures - my parts will be shipped either tomorrow or Friday - can't wait!). The silver color looks to be about the same color as was on the original unrestored cluster I sent him. Before I found about VAE, I did check out other plastic chrome places for pricing (and end user comments) and in their pictures the 66 dash also appears to be about the same color. I can query Vic and see if he will let me know what that particular color is (if it's not a trade secret).

I had a dash done for a 64 dodge several years ago and do not remember who did it but they used SEM Color Coat # 1508 Pint or 15083 Aerosol and I believe it's the correct color for dash pieces

I had a dash done for a 64 dodge several years ago and do not remember who did it but they used SEM Color Coat # 1508 Pint or 15083 Aerosol and I believe it's the correct color for dash pieces

Thanks for the info - I'll have to check that out since I need to finish my 65 Dart glove box and end pieces

This is an old thread....VAE I believe is no longer in business. Im in the same boat...looking for someone that does great work!

4spdragtop,VAE is still very much in business.
Vic has the my dash from my 69 Swinger, I should be getting it back in a couple of weeks.

Kenny

4spdragtop,VAE is still very much in business.
Vic has the my dash from my 69 Swinger, I should be getting it back in a couple of weeks.

Kenny

Are you sure about that? If he is, then I've got another 65 Valiant bezel plus some other stuff for him to do. I was very pleased with the stuff he did for me.

I am looking for Vic's address, I some how lost it.
The loser still has parts of mine.

Thanks
Kenny

-
Back