Re-did the 2008 Dodge ram

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
I looked and looked for a older ( cheap ) 4x4 to drive to work and back, its a short 22 mile drive and 7 miles are gravel .. yuk
after trying to buy so many inflated priced pandemic pickups , person fairly honest found me this ugly beast last fall

2008rambefore.jpg

It had 500 lbs of junk on it the zit on the nose is that dumb chrome fuel door , not just a bolt on it is the filler door ..

I probably paid too much because prices have come down some since then but, its a nice ol pickup that had a loving owner

I put new windshield in it , took off the elephant ear sized mud flaps, the bed rails, the at one time extremely expensive running boards ( $1200 ) dealer installation. wow new front bumper, new bumper cover , list is about complete new headlights will be here Friday

2008ram.jpg

I have an 05. They are good trucks and comfortable to drive. I basically stole mine back in 2008 when gas prices were sky high. I think its still worth what I paid for it then.

Looks great. The Ram truck is such a crazy truck. On one hand it's the best truck ever and on the other hand.... eh..

But dang if we (and most folks) don't just love the piss out of them.

I like the clean look.

funny you took the nerf bars of, that is the first thing i add when i buy a truck (not the 1200 dollar ones though)

yanked off the window vent shade things too .. it had a definite south of the border vibe going before.

With 7 miles of gravel road, the mud flaps and running boards might save some paint. Maybe paint or powder coat the running boards black and trim the mud flaps a little if they stick out too much so they would blend in a little better.

yanked off the window vent shade things too .. it had a definite south of the border vibe going before.
thats even funnier, when i bought my truck (2017 ram 2500, in delmonico red) the wife said it looked like it belonged to a mexican too

we almost rolled out the truck laughing when i turned on the radio, still tuned to the same channel the PO had it on...and it started blasting salsa music

You're making me jealous. Looking good.

I had an 08 I ordered from the factory. Single cab, short bed, hemi, low gears, & truetrac. I regret selling it and its worth far more today than what I let it go for.

If I remember correctly the color on yours was a premium ($$$) and also a one year only option. I like it.

It has 146,000 on it , big horn package so it has a few bells and whistles.

This one does my tow duties , its 2000 .. has 58,000 on it . 6 speed cummins, its just like new still

dodge2500.jpg

dodge25002.jpg

I had an 08 I ordered from the factory. Single cab, short bed, hemi, low gears, & truetrac. I regret selling it and its worth far more today than what I let it go for.
Like this one?

Ram Jam 1.JPG

Regular cab, short bed 2WD. 5.7 automatic with a 3.92 SG diff. SRT 10 22" wheels.
I'm at 395,000 miles and have a replacement engine here to swap in when the time is right.
GREAT truck. I've gone through 2 transmission control modules, multiple sets of tires, brake pads and rotors, one drivers seat.

Dang it D! You helped it 90% getting the fugly stripe off of it. Don't kill the streak with black wheels.....lol.
Up till this point , I've resisted the black wheel temptation. I like them however and mine wouldn't be all black but, hints of it .. yeah, those stripes were ugly as f

I grew up right as the lowered pickup craze took off. I've always liked the regular cab short bed style. Having no kids, I never had to compromise and buy a 4 door car or truck for anything.

I grew up right as the lowered pickup craze took off. I've always liked the regular cab short bed style. Having no kids, I never had to compromise and buy a 4 door car or truck for anything.
Man, I HATE lowered trucks
But I'll tell you this, my back likes em, a lot easier to chuck just in the bed of a smaller truck then in a lifted one

It had 500 lbs of junk on it the zit on the nose is that dumb chrome fuel door , not just a bolt on it is the filler door ..

I probably paid too much because prices have come down some since then but, its a nice ol pickup that had a loving owner

I put new windshield in it , took off the elephant ear sized mud flaps, the bed rails, the at one time extremely expensive running boards ( $1200 ) dealer installation. wow new front bumper, new bumper cover , list is about complete new headlights will be here Friday

View attachment 1716102191
Much better. I have a 2005. Done everything i have ever asked it to. Great truck.

-
Back