Re living the dream

-

RaysGTS

Reaction score
Hi,

My story begins in 1969 when Gramps bought his '69 Swinger (yellow), loved the car the day he got it, seven years later I turn 16 Gramps gives me the worn out and somewhat rusted Swinger. So, I think I have won the jackpot but the motor is tired the suspension is worn the electrical is also bad and the needs of this car are way out of my 16 year old league. These problems lead me to the purchase of another car to get around with. Now move forward to the spring of '77 I notice out of the corner of my youthful eye a dart fender buried in a snow bank, literally buried in snow from the snow removal equipment dumping snow on it all winter. I find the owner, yes he hates the car, it does not run and I can purchase it for what he owes the finance company. At this point I own one car no rust, low miles (yellow) and it is a '68 GTS, the other is the '69 swinger. Well the GTS is nicely equipped compared to the Swinger so the GTS becomes the car that dreams are made of.

Now a little later young lad gets married, has kid sells GTS. Life is never the same, young man turns old still missing his (yellow) '68 GTS, suddenly EBAY has a (yellow) '69 GTS that is in reach, California body, strong 318/340, clean interior, exactly the car old man has dreamt of.

So there she sits always waiting for me to twist the key and hear that factory exhaust note, feel that Chrysler steering and brakes, but most of all the smell of that old Dodge interior.

Nice story, hope you have grand kids to carry on the tradition.

First of all, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Second, old? Man, you're just in your very early 50s! That's prime "car-building" age. I've got a few years on you and still don't consider myself "old" - although my kids might say otherwise. "Old" is for guys who sit around wishing they'd done something, not those who are still building and playing with their cars. So get busy and tell us all about the build plans for your new toy.
C'mon, quit waiting to go out and turn the key. Tell us what the build plans are for that sweet Mopar and get busy! You can start by posting pics here on FABO.

first welcome to Fabo !

Nice story, hope you have fun with your dream

=======================================

Yeh lots of old timers here living the dream so come on in and welcome to FABO.

Great story,welcome to FABO !Now go lay some rubber(lol!)

Welcome to FABO

Hope you can take some time and show use some pictures of your cars

Enjoy the site

Ma Snart

I love my 67 fish and my 71 Charger

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC02322.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 178
-
Back