Rear shackle hanger bushing question

-

madhatta360

1973 Duster 340 H-code TX9
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Friends quick confirmation here, saw an article by @RustyRatRod regarding the upper hanger bushing and how he uses the Moog K3094 am I correct in understating that’s the bushing I need for that hanger bracket?

I have the SS springs and they are fairly new bushings are fine, I’m installing the @DoctorDiff relocation kit and figured I would replace these cracked out shitty bushings while the rear is down.

Thanks!

IMG_0563.jpeg

We cannot know the answer since you have not provided what diameter bushings your rear hangers have.

We cannot know the answer since you have not provided what diameter bushings your rear hangers have.
Alright quickly ran out to garage to pull one and check the hanger ID it’s 7/8” weird is even on rock I can’t find a 7/8” bushing

No. I'm sorry. It's not. You need the STOCK A body bushings. The article I wrote pertains to when you change to a spring with a 1" rear eye. If your bushings are still 7/8 then just use the stock A body bushings. I'm sorry. I misunderstood.

Nice luckily there’s an advance auto about 25min from my house that actually has them in stock! Shocker, thanks for the confirmation
See my post above. ^^^^

The K7309 bushings are what you need.

You can also consider Prothane 4-801-BL for 7/8" applications. They are made out of polyurethane, firmer and more durable than plain Chinese rubber. Summit has 1" also.

For Moog, confirm the quantity you get. It seems like some listings aren't clear on that.

Here is what I found when using SS springs on some the rear spring eye is the same as a B or E body. This bushing is larger in Diameter outside and takes b-body shackles. What I did was take my rear hangers and used the correct Diameter tubes for the bushings being used. If installing a inboard kit you will have to use the correct diameter tube in the rail. Match the bushing to the leaf spring eye with the correct shackle and that is what bushing you should use for the the body side of the shackle. B and E bodies take a larger diameter shackle as do most SS springs.

You can also consider Prothane 4-801-BL for 7/8" applications. They are made out of polyurethane, firmer and more durable than plain Chinese rubber. Summit has 1" also.

For Moog, confirm the quantity you get. It seems like some listings aren't clear on that.
Yeah scored some on Amazon last night will get here Monday. I was hoping to get something local so I could just slap this rear back up today but rather have the right stuff and go poly at this point,

Here is what I found when using SS springs on some the rear spring eye is the same as a B or E body. This bushing is larger in Diameter outside and takes b-body shackles. What I did was take my rear hangers and used the correct Diameter tubes for the bushings being used. If installing an inboard kit you will have to use the correct diameter tube in the rail. Match the bushing to the leaf spring eye with the correct shackle and that is what bushing you should use for the the body side of the shackle. B and E bodies take a larger diameter shackle as do most SS springs.
Ahh that’s good to know, I’m sure some people run the e body springs and never realize it but I’ll check the rearward bushing on my SS spring to make sure, thanks for pointing that out.

Your neighbor Todd got ahold of me about some upper control arms he’s got for sale, going to meet up with him today, small world when he said Danielsville I thought maybe it was you or your son turns out there’s a small FABO community there haha

Don't forget to lube all the bushings up inside and out with Synthetic Disc Brake Grease. It greatly reduces suspension sticktion, squeaks and corrosion, and won't attack rubber or synthetic components.

Ahh that’s good to know, I’m sure some people run the e body springs and never realize it but I’ll check the rearward bushing on my SS spring to make sure, thanks for pointing that out.

Your neighbor Todd got ahold of me about some upper control arms he’s got for sale, going to meet up with him today, small world when he said Danielsville I thought maybe it was you or your son turns out there’s a small FABO community there haha
Todd has been working for and with me since the early 80's.

-
Back