Rear springs. Sitting too high!

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
I believe the rear springs are stock. I'm looking for a lower stance. If I Jack up the rear it'll sit high and I'll have to push down on the body for it to settle. I'd like to get at least a 1" drop while keeping it strong and sturdy should I want to put 2 passengers in the rear. Any suggestions?
81fede9a.jpg

97f94f9d.jpg

It sits as if they are Super Stock springs. You can flip the front hangers and drop an inch or so but that will change the pinion angle (then you need shims under the perches). Maybe you can trade those springs for some HD's.

If it was my car i would remove the long shackles(viewed in another post) and install the original shackles,that will bring it down.

It looks like to me you have super stock springs or airshocks.
I'll trade you straight across for some sacked out stockers lol!
Truthfully, they should settle a bit or you can have them de-arched if you want. 1'' isn't a lot though.
I think it looks good as is.
My 2 cents.

It did have air shocks along with Lakewood traction bars. I took it all out and replaced it with remanufactured spring bracket and cheapo shocks. Maybe that's why it sits so high? The shackles are adjustable and it's at the top notch. Was looking into putting reybestos shackles. I'm guessing superstocks were made for drag racing?

Post some pics of the rear shackles. The stock ones are not adjustable.
Those are either SS springs or you have something wrong back there.

Things it could be…..

SS springs will make it sit like that.

Shocks that are too long could make it sit like that…. (so long that when they care compressed and bottomed out thats as low as the car can drop) This would be unlikely unless you really had to fight to get your shocks on.

Long aftermarket or home made shackles could make your car sit like that.

They'll settle down after a little while driving it.

I myself used ESPO(.com) 1 inch overbend springs. These are after they settled down a little bit. Tires are 225/70/14. Though hidden by the shadow, I can, on an empty tank of gas, slide my hand on top of the tire without the top of my hand hitting the fender lip. A fill tank of gas has the car sitting close to level, kind of like what you see here.

100_0683.jpg

Bah, decided I'll just stick with them. Add new bump stops and decent shocks out back. I didn't take a full gas tank and 2 passengers out back into consideration. Does billstein make shocks for this application?

-
Back