Rebel Machine 11,000 miles

-

HAUK67

Reaction score
I have a chance of buying a 11,000 all original rebel machine, ps,pb,ac,4spd, gold in color and only 11,000 original miles with all the paper work to back it up. I seen the car years ago when I purchased another car from the seller, fell in love with it and 5 years later he called me tonight to say he might put it up for sale. It has everything original, tires, and plugs, wires, points, only the battery is non original. Hard to put a dollor amount on this car, pretty rare?

wow very nice, always liked the rebel machine, you know at a car show most likely not running into another one, i love amc's, i have 3 amxs

copied from a site

After the initial run of 1,000 units with its distinctive and easily recognizable identity, The Machine was available without the stripes in other colors with a blacked out hood. The rarest of all paint schemes for the Machine is Frost White with a flat-black hood (72A-8A), with only three made. Another rare version came in Big Bad Green with only one known factory documented original remaining

This one is gold with the blacked out hood, a DR owned it and passed away and now I have a chance of gettint it with all the paper work. Reaaly cool car, not cheap so I am trying to figure a way of making it all work.

You are lucky to have an oppurtunity to buy an original low-mileage muscle car like this. Even a Rebel isn't what most people would think of as a muscle car but there probably isn't another one like it on the planet. Good luck I hope you get it.

I reaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly likey "The Machine!"

I really like Rebels and Ramblers too. Indy Cylinder Head has a whole engine program for AMC.

Fight the Machine! LOL. Man, those cars are badass!!! And the ones that arent red, white, and blue are rarer. Any Machine is now. I'd get that car in a second, no joke, those things were sweeetttt

If it is a real machine then grab it,AMC's are gettin pricey.

Let's see some pics!
I love those cars, that one sounds really cherry.
And they go like hell too!

I'll run up to the house and get the price guide and post my findings. Curious myself. Be back in a minute.

Here ya go. Scanning through the intire AMC category i have found that the car you mention is the highest dollar car listed. Only made in 70. Lots of Rebels but only one year for the "Machine". Sounds like you've found a #1 car.

#1 = $40,000 - Excellant- Perfect restoration or a perfect original. A 95 point car that is not driven.
#2 = $28,000 - Fine - Well restored of a great original. Maybe mistaken for a #1 car. May be a driver of 800-1000 miles a year to shows.
#3 = $18,000 - Very Good - Completely operational or older restoration. "A 20 Footer" = perfect at 20 feet distance.
#4 = $8,000 - Good - Driveable car need none or slight repairs to be functionable.
#5 = $4,800 - Restorable - Needs complete restorationbut maybe a driver. Not wrecked beyond repair.
#6 = $1,600 - Parts car

Hope this helps Hauk and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Small Block

Source I have shows total Rebel Machine production at 1,936. I remember the manager of the Sonic Drive-In had one of the red/whit/blue models in the town where I grew up. Always thought it was a bad *** car.

Small block, that does help..Still working the deal, should know something in a few days. The car is really like new..Couple small paint blemishes on the roof, very small..But has the original tires, plugs, wires, air filter..Cool car..

-
Back