Recomendations for a front bucket seat..

-

grassy

Reaction score
i have come to the conclusion that my fabricating skills are not up to installing the seats I have in the car so I shall start off at scratch one again.

Looking for a set that can be in stalled in a duster that has excellent neck protection...and easy to do.

Recommendations ?

ian.

Some on here like the chrysler Sebring convertible seats with the incorporated shoulder belt. Another is the procar elite.

Cough, cough...that procar is expensive !!

Will the sebring sets just bolt in without any mods ?

Thanks
ian.

I just bought a set of leather 2002 Sebring convertible seats from local wrench apart for $80. It will require fabracting a mounting bracket to get it in the 67 Dart, and as a bonus the complete seat belt/shoulder harness is all internal to the seat along with a headrest.

Anything that will just bolt in with a minimum of work ? I like the procar but these is no way we can afford those..

Is there anything that I can hunt up in a junkyard.... most of the staff I have run into were born well after the muscle car age and have no idea what I am talking about when I mention Plymouth Duster..

I've got a pair of '80s BMW seats in my Dart.
Needed to drill some new holes in the floorboards and reinforce those areas with the flatstock and large washers.
Had to use some spacers to get the seats level again because of the floorboards shapes.

I have read somewhere if you are using the Sebring seats you should also install the eletronics for the belt and seat back.

Not sure about any electronics. The driver seat is power, 12 volta to it and it all moves. Both seats have the switch for the seat belt alarm. There is not any kind of electric lock-out. So not sure what they would mean the electronics.

Probably manual adjustment would be cheaper and less likely to fail. This is a budget build and not even for me.

Grassy

Scamp360, shows what I thought I knew. It looks like I will be depending on the [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] inertia wheel restraint only. Oh well, even that is head and shoulder (get the pun) above the old lap belt only.
[/FONT]

Cheap seats are cheaply made and will not protect you. If price is your concern, than safety is not..

I put early 90's dodge van seats in my valiant. They do not recline or flip forward. They come with low profile sliders and look like early 70's duster seats. Then got the aluminum seat brackets from summit. Total cost about 130 bucks. GL.

Summit has these for $119 each
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1159b-1/overview/

You can't beat that and just use universal seat brackets

Thank you. They look good. I shall have my kids look at these. I am to a point in my build that I will ship up the states and pay the duty. Shipping is around the cost of the seats. That was one nice thing aout JC is that they have a drop site in canada so we can avoid the duty...

Actually, they will not match any more. The interior is now a Behr colour, Rising Smoke...but I can dye them no probs..

Thanks

Ian.

Cheap seats are cheaply made and will not protect you. If price is your concern, than safety is not..

I actually wrote a bunch of paragraphs about that idiotic comment but decided that your uninformed comment just wasn't worth it...

What are we working on...75 Duster ?
I would either use a set of factory Ma Mopar buckets or the factory bench seat.
That's just me. Unless its a full tilt boogie drag car,it's factory seats for me.
Bucket or Bench.

Johnny, I can understand..I have bench but I want more behind the driver's and passenger's neck...hence why I moved to another brand. We are moving along quite well so I don't have much time to decide.

Thanks
Ian

-
Back