Recommend me a Rachet Shifter.

-

74RR

Reaction score
I'm going to be running a forward manual valve body. Can you guys recommend me a rachet shifter?

Thanks!:burnout:

depends if this is a race only car, or a street strip ride. alot of the shifters on the market have a 2 hand reverse lock out lever. i have a street strip car with the B&M quick silver shifter. it is a full ratchet shifter with a one hand operational reverse/park.
DSCI0050-1.jpg

depends if this is a race only car, or a street strip ride. alot of the shifters on the market have a 2 hand reverse lock out lever. i have a street strip car with the B&M quick silver shifter. it is a full ratchet shifter with a one hand operational reverse/park.
DSCI0050-1.jpg
How did you get that in your center console?

i will never run anything but a .cheetah SCS shifter or winters shifter in any of my cars.. they just operate so smooth. the cable also runs around the rear of the trans so its away from all the clutter and hot spots.

wish turbo action made the cheetah is a 4 gear gate as it is by far my favorite shifter....i will have to settle for a winters, which is the same design (gate).......or convince my fabricator buddy to make me a gate for the cheetah....

How did you get that in your center console?

that is a b& m quick silver shifter. i took it all apart and made my own shift arm and put it all back together. i just made a new plastic piece that slides in the gear selector slot that fits my shifter and cut the old brackets off the trans tunnel and bolted the quick silver in its place. cable is under the console too. shifts all gears and clears the console plate just fine.

i will never run anything but a .cheetah SCS shifter or winters shifter in any of my cars.. they just operate so smooth. the cable also runs around the rear of the trans so its away from all the clutter and hot spots.
X2 I have seen to many motors blown up with a RATSHIT shifters.I allso like the factory floor shiters.......Artie

Z gate! HAhahaa, just kidding. I have a pro-matic-2, only good thing about it is it fit in the console, dont really like the lifting and the double hit it takes to drop it in low from drive. My next will be the cheetah or something that cables the same way, out the back.

For a budget,Pro matic.If you have the coin,Cheetah all the way.

i've always liked the quick silver, i run mine with a T handle...but please for the love of god stay away from the hammer shifter...they are horrible looking and function like crap. we have one in a company show car and i'm sending it to the trash can the next event.

I've got a Quicksilver in mine and it works great. Nice smooth opperation. Only negative is the cable runs out the front which made it a little challenging to get it to clear the headers.

X2 I have seen to many motors blown up with a RATSHIT shifters.I allso like the factory floor shiters.......Artie
guilty of toasting a motor with a ratshit shifter, one less Pontiac Ram Air motor in the world....

Sorry but if you lose a motor due to a shifter is that the shifters fault??? We have used the quicksilver in 5 cars over 17 years great shifter for the money! If you think you might shift any shifter incorrect or have a over reving problem. I would recommend a rev limiter also. Jmo.

Sorry but if you lose a motor due to a shifter is that the shifters fault??? We have used the quicksilver in 5 cars over 17 years great shifter for the money! If you think you might shift any shifter incorrect or have a over reving problem. I would recommend a rev limiter also. Jmo.

if the ratchet failed at the most inopportune moment was it the drivers fault? impossible for a gate to fail.....

B&M quicksilver,been beating the hell out of it for years(forward pattern manual shift)

Attachments

• 000_3843.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 480
good looking bracket.. i raised my shifter some when i installed it. i just welded some bolts tot he floor.. it was actually slightly adjustable height wise for me..

not a pretty weld but it worked..lol

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

thats cool....i never thought about the height thing....maybe ill put a 1/2 or 1" spacer under mine...

good looking bracket.. i raised my shifter some when i installed it. i just welded some bolts tot he floor.. it was actually slightly adjustable height wise for me..

not a pretty weld but it worked..lol

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg
YA now thats a shifer!!!!!!!..........Artie

-
Back