Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Now that shes running and driveable(for the most part) I've found myself knocking out some small things that are required for a know, street driving.

I knew there was an issue with the wipers but never looked into it too much. But during all this time spent u def the dash I found the issue. The darn linkage that runs from the wiper motor over to the drive side had actually popped the bushing off the other arm. So I pulled the arm off today and went to go get more bushings and should have them on soon as well as I noticed my turn signals start and the hold solid rather than blinking so i grabbed a new flasher today as well just in case that's the issue.

Topped off the ps fluid and it's working fine with my braided line and adapter fitting modification. So no more leaks.

Also went to go see a friend about the hotside fabrication. Ideas I had and trying to narrow down my idea of a big single or two smaller twins for the turbo setup. If I go twins it will probably be twin gt35r turbos, single would most likely be a single 78mm. Decisions decisons......

I also got the base of the shifter pulled back out to put the USB port in. Originally it was supposed to go to the rear. But seeing as that meets flush with the bench, I needed to move it to the passenger side.
wlrdeb.jpg

Ta da!
2me67q1.jpg

o90rox.jpg

Last edited:
After putting the 90 mount on there today, I've decided that it's not going to work the way I thought.....however, I'm going to cut the t3 glange and have it rewelded to make them forward facing and then run the downpipes under the inner fenderwell and have them dump out through the fenders.
205772v.jpg

25sr24g.jpg

3533xhz.jpg

24m839k.jpg

Last edited:
Am I seeing double? !!!

Jeff
Maybe your drunk already. I mean it is Friday night. lol
DONT MIND THE CUSTOM ZIP TIES

I am going to have to work the fenders just a smidge.
2s9sopw.jpg

afdkzm.jpg

1z4vkg7.jpg

More so on the driver side.
okwxg9.jpg

2qdx6di.jpg

34673v8.jpg

IMPORTANT FACT TO REMEMBER
I had to modify the driver side manifold to clear my ICT bracket kit. Had I not made the decision to go with the ICT kit, it might have cleared on the driver side without having to touch the fender at all. Or at least it might have been a lot closer, like the passenger side currently is. So those of you thinking about the swap or running twins, keep that in mind.

Plan is to run a 2 in 1 out intercooler like this.
of6jxz.jpg

I plan to mount it just low enough to run that single out under the radiator and then straight up and 90 it into the intake manifold.

Also switching to this radiator setup. itll be tight on the water pump pulley, but as long as I mount it tight it will be great. and leave room on each side for intercooler piping.
x1kq6t.jpg

Well a while back I spoke with a company called XS Power a while back about a set of their topmount single t4 turbo manifolds and possibly testing them and doing a review to share online. Sent him pics of the car and the link to my build thread. But had since told him I was going twins so I wouldnt be needing his set anymore.

I sent him another email last week checking in to see if he had gotten anyone to review them yet and he said no, and since I was going to be removing mine for wrapping them anyway I figured what the hell, let me see if they'll work. At least I can share the info with fellow swappers.

Well today I went to the office expecting to pick up just the 90 degree mount for the 2nd t3 turbo, and then they hand me a rather large box that I wasnt expecting at the time. I got the manifolds in the mail.
jgms5y.jpg

So here are the initial pics. Initial impression from me is positive. Welds are nice and clean, they took the time to smooth out the inside of the runners as well where its welded to the flanges.
Passenger side manifold. T4 topmount, wastegate flange welded on, and the downward pipe to connect to the crossover tube.
104m5g5.jpg

30c7er9.jpg

Driver side manifold. I'm only worried about this one clearing because I still have the power steering on my car.
fkuuu0.jpg

167l112.jpg

143njw0.jpg

Well I got a mount made for the coolant reservoir today and moved it to its final home. Here it's simply placed and not buttoned down. So it will actually be slid all the way to the edge on the left.
f550dj.jpg

xpog92.jpg

I also made brackets to raise the coil packs 2 inches I. Order to all for me to use the coil packs up top and not remote mount them, as well as keep my plug wires. I made one of my drain lines for the driver side turbo, removed the corvette radiator setup in preparation for the new one showing up tomorrow or Thursday. Started brainstorming the mount for the fuse box and for the trans disptick too.

Well I got the reservoir situated better today, now that I trimmed it and got the Y for the heater hose instead of the T.
10wnz3a.jpg

I also got the bracket on the coil packs on the passenger side, so now the wires clear enough for me not to have to remote mount the coils.
jr8vlt.jpg

Got the mount cutout for the fuse/relay portion of my harness too.

Also did some more brain storming/mocking up with the turbos to try to develop my plan forward and I think I have it pretty well planned out with the least amount of cutting.
241uicp.jpg

2nhiwb6.jpg

Here she is. This is why you always measure a bunch before you cut, or before you buy something like a radiator for a swap like this. Fits like a glove.
2a846c2.jpg

utowy.jpg

this is a -10an fitting so about an inch clearance.
5v840n.jpg

I ended up sliding it more towards the passenger side to provide an even amount of clearance on both sides.
102jb61.jpg

driver side, going to notch that support to allow for an intake to run through and add a filter over behind the grill in the fenderwell area.
fenx3n.jpg

axbaj7.jpg

so what's next is to get the new radiator hoses. wire up the fan, and cut the 90 degree elbows and flip the flange so I can bolt the turbos on and then plumb them.
2s6x2rn.jpg

30jp7gl.jpg

Well i got the elbows back welded up today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the fenders cut and get these turbos in their final spots. Will still have to pull back out to weld the wastegate bung on and wrap them.
2rfwjsj.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks alot. Been a long road but I'm almost there. If I had lived back home where I grew up this woulda been done lol. Not being able to weld is kicking my butt.
I feel ya brother. I rely on my buddy Larry to do any welding on my car. His truck lives in my garage all winter so he's generally around. I am super impressed with your work so far, keep it up looking forward to seeing this when it's completed.

Got the passenger side mounted today and the hole cut in the fender just big enough or for the downpipe to pass through.
aesn07.jpg

2yuls10.jpg

Also got the fuse box mounted up on the firewall. Going to clean it up a little more and make it not so obvious that the wires are all hanging out.
2cpyhzq.jpg

Well I got my manifold wrap, downpipe flanges, and my 2nd feed/drain line kit in the mail today.
1purkk.jpg

So of course I was off at the races, but i also got a wild hair up me bum which led to this....
20ts29k.jpg

I also got the manifolds sprayed down with the dei hi temp silicone, them wrapped them with the fiberglass heat wrap. I can definitely say this stuff was a pain to work with and is not my best work whatsoever.
29dwm09.jpg

-
Back