Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
I know everyone is probably wanting to know dyno numbers and quarter mile times, but with the trans hurt that's kind of on hold. However I've found a built 400 with a brake local and i am looking to pick that up early August and get that swapped in and picking up a much more appropriate converter to go with it. While doing so this new cam will go in and then the real tuning and power and quarter mile times will follow. Stay tuned for more.

Last edited:
Small little pull up to 10psi. Stock converter, th400 without a 1st gear, rolling into it from drive. Definitely makes you feel alive.

Did I say next week?
25rnh2s.jpg

28qybm9.jpg

hwd8pk.jpg

5bwoqb.jpg

20zb9ty.jpg

Got the old transmission and shifter pulled out today and dropped off to their new home.

Also recieced these in the mail. Some
.660 lift valvesprings to help with that new higher lift cam that's going in the Dart.
xesf4.jpg

I also pulled the intake to go over it and reseal it to make sure it's ready for higher boost. In doing so I remember how much I hated that dull grey of the lsxr Intake. So I decided to give it a much newer fresher look. What do you guys think?
mcvod1.jpg

Also ordered the coil relocation harnesses and I will be building my own coil bracket for them.

4 years later and we're still discussing this. I thought LS swaps were simple? :poke::rofl:

Do you have any exhaust fumes issues in the cab with the exhaust exiting out the front fenders? Passengers don't get headaches or kids don't act any sillier than they usually do? :)
I'm tempted to try that on my turbo build but am afraid of all of the above.
Great build!

Do you have any exhaust fumes issues in the cab with the exhaust exiting out the front fenders? Passengers don't get headaches or kids don't act any sillier than they usually do? :)
I'm tempted to try that on my turbo build but am afraid of all of the above.
Great build!
I dont have any issues with fumes in the cab. If I did my kids wouldnt ride with me. But they have no issues and neither do I.

Got the new prevision performance shifter. Has to upgrade seeing as the new trans is reverse manual valvebody.
qq24p0.jpg

I also got a wild hair up my hind end too.
k4ujic.jpg

Here is a top view.
10ndo29.jpg

The goal this evening is to get the pieces off the front of the motor and get the new cam installed. And then put them all back on so that Saturday when all the parts are here I can do the valvesprings pretty quickly.

Been neck deep in the dart. Heads are off
2s7x406.jpg

New ls7 lifters are soaking. New arp cam bolts are in. New arp head bolts are here as well.

New 3k stall converter is here from camerons converters down in SC.
6z6gid.jpg

During this down time I've also decided to do some cleaning up in the engine bay and doing a "wire tuck" to hide things and keep the bay as clean as possible after I reinstall everything.

I also decided to try and sell the bench seat and get buckets do I can properly mount the new shifter in a comfortable position. Also because I kinda want to put 4 buckets in this thing and build my own front to back center console.

Last edited:
The flexplate showed up today, along with the lokar anchor tight dipstick, and some new 90 degree msd boots.
2pq95kl.jpg

o5e2hi.jpg

The 8.25 has now vacated the abody.
b6d6d0.jpg

Also got my new vinyl stickers for the fuel rails and got them clear coated. Funny to me because FAST makes my intake and my new fuel rails. So i did a 180 with the wording on my rails.
augsc0.jpg

I also got the coil relicstion brackets finished, and the kids got done decorating them for me.
hvnqfm.jpg

Last edited:
I havent dissapeared guys. Still plugging away on the dart. I picked up my Ford explorer 3.73 limited slip rear end, has disc brakes too. My brother is sending me the 3.55 gearset I want to use in it as well. Currently disassembling it so it can be dropped off to be shortened. The Moser 1350 pinion yoke for the rear end is already here just waiting to go in. Also have the new brake rotors and pads on the way along with new seals and bearings.

I got my.bench seat sold and picked up a set of NRG buckets to mount in it. They feel and look killer IMO and I can wait to finish the install. Then I can start my center console. They're fixed back seats and still allow for enough room for the kids to fit in the back.

I also got the fuse/relay box relocated to the interior of the car and replace the ecm connectors with ones that lock properly. Continuing in my wire tuck in the engine bay as well to make things as clean as humanly possible.

Last bug thing will be seeing if I can reuse the current driveshaft and just put 1350 ends on it, or get another one made. But shouldnt take too long get that done.

Last edited:
Got all my new brake parts in for the rear end, new calipers, pads, rotors, parking brake rebuild kit, clampnon leaf spring perches, I have my other short side axle on stand by diff cover gasket and diff cover ready to go.

I got my coils remotely mounted now as well as the started relay. Passenger side coils are right on the fenderwell near the firewall and the driver side is down lower on the firewall right behind the prop valve.

Shifter mount will be in today and I also have my new to me Chrysler 300 center console I'll be using as a template skeleton to build my own. As soon as I find a new image sharing site I'll be posting up alot more pics. Hopefully the rear end is finished up today or tomorrow before the hurricane gets to town.

Well guys I finished up my minu wire tuck up front, and I took the rear end to someone else to shorten it since Mike was backed uo on jobs. Should be picking the rear end up tomorrow and then I can rebuild all the brakes on it and alot it in so we can set pinion angle and such then its onto driveshaft.

Seats are hard mounted now that I made my own brackets for them, but they are reclinable and have the sliders too so thats a plus.

I'll try and post a walk around video later on tonight

-
Back