Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
i'm still not sure you got the point. changing the backspace of the wheels will only move them either in or out sideways. slicks don't 'grow' sideways they grow in diameter so will get even closer to the back end of the rocker panel. hence the suggestion of adjusting the length of the ladder bars to give more clearance. :thumbsup:
regards, neil.

I think the assumption is the slicks will be inside the tubs/wheel well with ample room to grow.

Pat
Exactly what you just said.

20200601_181314.jpg

20200601_181319.jpg

Got some more done today.

Got the sound deadening installed, mounts made for the center console and test fit to make sure. Also got some cf protective covers added to the cage slingshot and center bar seeing as they will see the most wear.

20200602_162159.jpg

20200602_171911.jpg

20200602_183644.jpg

Last edited:
i'm still not sure you got the point. changing the backspace of the wheels will only move them either in or out sideways. slicks don't 'grow' sideways they grow in diameter so will get even closer to the back end of the rocker panel. hence the suggestion of adjusting the length of the ladder bars to give more clearance. :thumbsup:
regards, neil.
Don’t try to over think it bud just sit back and watch

Got some more done tonight. Carpet back in and cut around the cage bars and put back down. Trim and panels put back in by the rear seats, kick panels and door sills.
I tried pulling the vinyl back and regluing it worked great till I got it outside in the 90+ degree heat and humidity. Wrinkles in the console started to come back. Oh well. One day ill get someone who knows what they're doing to wrap it.

20200604_182735.jpg

Priceless! Enjoy every minute with that little angel man. Before you know it they're 19 yo college students like my twin girls. Our Daddy Daughter Duster project is mostly Daddy now. But them days and nights working on it with the kids were the best.

Be well,
Pat

Priceless! Enjoy every minute with that little angel man. Before you know it they're 19 yo college students like my twin girls. Our Daddy Daughter Duster project is mostly Daddy now. But them days and nights working on it with the kids were the best.

Be well,
Pat

She helps and so does my son. Once I finished the interior she came outside and said "Dad, all the new upgrades on the dart are pretty sweet. Are we still going to drive this on the street to shows and to the track?". My answer was most definitely "absolutely baby, thats why I kept the backseat for you guys." She had a big ol cheesy grin. Itll be tight but they'll be fine.

Be well,
Pat

with all the great memories of attending car gatherings....meeting your crew is at the top of the list. They out shine any high dollar build.

Well i started to look into the fuel pump controller tonight and thought I was going to be having an issue with pulling the the 12vdc signal off the tach output that is required by the controller. So I stopped until I got more clarification from holley, aeromotive and some more people who have used the exact controller etc.. that im running.. so ill get started on that tomorrow.

After that I got started on the a2w plumbing. Had to run down to home depot. Had to pick up 20 feet of the braided hose for the pump to intercooler and to the ice box.

Got the fittings installed in the ice box and the intercooler. Fed the hoses to the intercooler and then began routing them back. Made it as far as the trans support before those two 10 foot lines ran out. So ill have to get some more tomorrow.

After that i broke put the seam sealer and took care of some finishing touches around the pan in the trunk and the gaps in the firewall where the cage came through and got those cleaned up and sealed. Not much for pictures today. Promise more tomorrow. Here you can see the hoses coming out and up and then running down the driver side. Just ziptied for now.

20200608_173249.jpg

20200608_173252.jpg

Have you driven the car with that k member? I’m really interested in that kit but I’m concerned with the Ackerman

Have you driven the car with that k member? I’m really interested in that kit but I’m concerned with the Ackerman
Just on and off the trailer getting it to Theo's. He has plenty of other people whove driven the heck out of theirs. Hopefully by this weekend I can start driving mine.

Here is some updated pics of what i got accomplished.

Fuel pump and pump controller wired up. Relay wired up and power wire run for the a2w pump. Mounted the fuel pump controller too. Tucked and routed all the wires up forward and extended the a2w hoses back to the mounting point for the A2W pump. Just have to figure out a mount for the a2w pump. Painted all the seam sealer out back and around the cage where it passes through the firewall.

20200609_185934.jpg

20200609_185939.jpg

20200609_183325.jpg

20200609_183258.jpg

20200609_183153.jpg

20200609_183206.jpg

-
Back