Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
After some back and forth with my tuner we finally got the tune nailed.

Good to go in 1st and 2nd, haven't been able to get into 3rd yet but it was fine last time I got into. We will cross that bridge when we have to.

But we pulled some timing down low, added some fuel and upped the rpm on the 2 step a little bit and I can finally build boost on the 2step. So the next test should be alot more fun being able to leave with boost already built prior to leaving. Can't wait for that.

Gonna be traveling this weekend but will be testing on the street when I get the time during the week and plan to hit the track the 28th for one last tnt before the big race on the 5th. Ill probably be the only mopar there so should catch everyone off guard.

Went out to Northeast Dragway today for test n tune. My no prep tune, which has alot of timing pulled most of the way down the track, to help with traction on the street/no prep surface went 6.60 right off the trailer today. I added the timing back in for the 2nd pass and it went lean and hit the afr safety and it shut itself down halfway into 1st gear.

Added some fuel to the tuned and lowered tire pressure because there was no stick to the track at all. But I went to low on the pressure and the suspension unloaded part way down the track at about 26psi. In doing so she got pretty squirly and I went towards the the right lane where inhad the camaro gapped, which let him catch up and I got back in it and lost by a fender.

Learning alot more about what the car likes and doesn't like. Will be making some suspension adjustments to the front shocks and the anti roll bar as well as bring the tire pressure back up and more boost off the trans brake.

Hopefully after that she is much happier. Ill keep you guys posted.

The no prep is Friday and Saturday at Rockingham, NC. As long as weather plays along we will still be there.

More testing to follow this week.

FB_IMG_1606695296207.jpg

FB_IMG_1606695302314.jpg

If anyone is going to be around ill see you guys at Rockingham this weekend for the no prep. Just finished up testing tonight and loaded her up in the trailer.

Screenshot_20201106-182819_Facebook.jpg

Well we had a fun weekend. Started out with getting to Rockingham Friday night and getting the camper setup and hanging out with my twin brother, sister in law and niece/nephew. Saturday morning got started with some 2nd gear leave testing in the parking lot at Rockingham. Had been having some issues with wheel speed too high when shifting from 1st to 2nd. So I decided to leave in 2nd gear to try and avoid that issue.

Test in the parking lot went great and everything seemed to be working fine. Didn't change anything because everything was going well. But during round 1 of small tire it didn't go as well as it did throughout all my testing. I got the s10 off the line when they hit the flashlight, and my launch retard started like normal and then stopped .75 seconds into the pass, and somehow restarted 1.47 seconds into the pass and then ran through the progression until over halfway through the pass. Letting him come around me and get away. By the time the timing was back in the motor it was too late.

Looking it over myself and holley looking it over as well, neither of us could figure out why it stopped and started again. Only thing we could think of was a corrupt file.

Still made a 6 second pass on no prep which was a good time for just my 3rd pass on it.

Going to be heading to Northeast dragway this weekend if the weather holds to try and make sure it is just a corrupt file and not something else. All goes well, then ill feel alot better come March when I head back down to Rockingham for the next Dig or die no prep.

Here are some pictures and videos from this past weekend.

FB_IMG_1607261284585.jpg

FB_IMG_1607296321690.jpg

FB_IMG_1607296324431.jpg

FB_IMG_1607296462137.jpg

FB_IMG_1607296459076.jpg

Screenshot_20201208-223109_Gallery.jpg

I will be switching over the front shocks to some afco doubles soon. Haven't decided on eliminator or big guns yet. Leaning toward big guns. These singles adjustable qa1s aren't keeping the nose in the air like I want/need.

Also ordered my rj race cars chute finally. Alot of the 1/8 mile places around here have very short turn arounds, and I don't want to risk running out if room.

Somehow I forgot to update after this past weekend. I ended up going down to Hertford, NC for their test n tune. I've come to know that means the tnt surface is slick. But it was pretty darn slick this weekend, so I ended up blowing the tires off the first two passes.
Decided to give it one more go and took a bunch of timing out of the motor for 4.5 seconds of the pass.

The 3rd pass it finally went straight down the track again what I can only describe as a Promod awd diesel truck from Kill Devil Diesel. They switched to a pro tree for our race because he had it written on his truck, so the reaction cost me this one for sure. But it was a great side by side pass, he beat me by half a truck and I was happy to finally make it down that track and run with that truck in my big ol heavy full interior street car.

We're done racing for this year. Seeing as im having to fight the car so much and take so much power out just to go a to b, I think I've found the limits of these single adjustable coilovers. Ill be switching at least the front ones out so I can keep the front end up and the back end planted. Then back out for Feb/March when events start happening again.

20201212_174439.jpg

20201212_173731.jpg

20201212_135758.jpg

20201212_173703.jpg

Man, I feel like i've missed so much. Congrats on making good safe passes on the car. Its already haulin *** and Im sure theres more in it..

Man, I feel like i've missed so much. Congrats on making good safe passes on the car. Its already haulin *** and Im sure theres more in it..
Thank you very much. It's definitely gotn a lot more in it. I need to get up to vmp when it opens back up or get up to MIR where there will actually be some good prep down and then put some timing and boost back in it, she has 5s in the 1/8 and low 9s/high 8s 1/4 in her.

Last edited:
Still pushing through on winter upgrades. Just got the front Afco big gun doubles adjustable coilovers in yesterday. Christmas gift to myself for being good this year.

Also working on getting some fiberglass front and rear bumpers and some lingenfelter bumper brackets as well to help drop some weight.

Currently scheduled for a track rental at Maryland international raceway on March 8th. Going to be nice going down a well prepped track and running a full 1/4 like I originally built the car for. Will definitely be shoot for 8 second time slips that day.

20201221_155141.jpg

20201218_194414.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-124330_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201218-124201_Chrome.jpg

Got the parachute handle and cable rerouted and cut/trimmed today.

Hand is now just to the right of my seat and is on the cross bar on the cage that runs right above my head. Easily thrown forward when fully geared up and strapped in.

Thanks! Have you scaled the car front/rear?

I ended up installing 400 lb 12" springs on my 66 big block Dart and they're way too stiff. 350's may be the way to go.
I didn't, but Theo did when he was done at fab. It's 52 front 48 rear.
I figure my iron small black with two turbos was up near a BBM in weight so I got the 350 as a starting point.

Got the lingenfelter brackets ordered up today and will be getting the rear double adjustables ordered up this weekend as well as a motion raceworks cable saver for the parachute.

This weekend(weather permitting) I'm going to try to get around to the line lock and a fee other things I've been meaning to get around to on the Dart.

I lied. Ordered them today. Hoping to get that 2day delivery like last time.

Brackets look like they're scheduled to be dropped off Tuesday. The helmet hook mount seems to have almost certainly been lost by the post office seeing as they haven't updated tracking on it for about a week. Also have a go pro mount that mounts to the cage on the way as well from Brian Garrett, a fellow a body mopar driver and entrepreneur who started up BRG Motorsports and is 3d printing all kinds of different things. Need anything specific look him up on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1609382476680.jpg

received_828996727892814.jpeg

Got the rear afco big guns in the mail today. Going to be getting these on asap and selling the strange s5206 singles off the back.

I've got some known good track and street settings for these big guns, so I at least have some good starting points to tweak here and there.

Also got the 3d printed helmet hook for in the car too.
20210104_104621.jpg

20210104_130055.jpg

Last edited:
Got the new rears installed and set to the setting Theo recommended. Now I'm just waiting for the 27th to test em out.

Also got that helmet hook throw on the front bar.

Still waiting on the lingenfelter brackets and the go pro mount from BRG(Who installed thr helmet hook from). Those were updated to "will arrive later than expected" by the usps.

Also still have to put the line lock and adjustable prop valve for the rear brakes and bleed the system over again and wire up the scramble button.

Next 3 outings I'm planning are Feb 27th at Northeast Dragway for opening day testing on these new coilovers, then March 8th Track rental at MIR, and March 26-27th at Rockingham for Dig or Die. After that I'll play it by ear seeing as we're moving west coast in June.

20210105_161505.jpg

20210105_165032.jpg

20210105_165652.jpg

20210105_165758.jpg

Got the Lingenfelter Bumper brackets in today. Man they look awesome and weigh next to nothing, including the hardware.

20210108_213309.jpg

20210108_213323.jpg

Well i got registered for my 2nd no prep this year before the move. It will be on the back half of Dominion Raceway here in Virginia. Won't have to camp out for this one like we're doing for dig or die in March. Still scheduled for the track rental at MIR on March 8th as well. Aprils event will most likely be my last traveling event though, as the move is coming fast in June and ill have to start getting my affairs in order to go to the west coast unfortunately. Thats where the Navy chose to send my wife after she comissions. The only other racing I'd be doing is at Hertford/obx/VMP dragway that are emote local and I can go there on the same day.

Going to be doing some 2 step/launch control testing this week to get the boost higher off the launch and then we should be in business.

I do however already have 2 or 3 races on the schedule for after we get to the west coast once we get settled. So i wont be taking too much time off. Also have a few things in mind for winter changes as well, like selling my terminator ecu and switching over to a dominator setup and doing a race car style rewire inside to go with it. That will all be done by me up there.

IMG_20210111_143425_726.jpg

-
Back