Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
2020 strikes again. Preps were made for the track this weekend. Everything in the trailer ready to.go. Hertford had 3 shootings last weekend and is now under curfew. Looks like I'll have to wait for the x275 guys to finish up at VMP this weekend and then go up there next weekend.

Sucks about the track time. I like your dash, it came out really clean. Looks strangely familiar which is probably why I like it.
AF0084C0-3084-4D18-8DEC-5C9CB3F51230.jpeg

140A183D-FDBC-4634-B49F-ACCC9BA53557.jpeg

This one I built for my falcon using a generic 7” touch screen and a CAN interface module from gaugeart.com.

Ended up finding that my trans brake protection module went put with the old bump box. So it absolutely did its job.

Got that replaced today and fixed a leaky fitting at one of the boost control solenoids.

I also ordered my beadlock wheels for the slicks. Better backspacing to put the wheel and tire where I want it.

Still aiming for a trip to the track Saturday and then again next Saturday at street car takeover if they allow tnt at their event.

20200921_164413.jpg

TORX-E-POLBK__13678.1484164406.900.900.jpg

First track day will be tomorrow at Rockingham, NC for testing and adjustments. Throwing it in the stock block shootout(stock block not stock bottom end), mainly just to help them make it a bigger race. Ill still have unlimited test n tune during the event even if I get knocked out first round. Have a tuneup in the csr I think will work, but we all know how that goes.

If all goes well we will be back at Rockingham next weekend for street csr takeover at the Rock. I'll pick a class for that depending on how this weekend goes.

a1.jpg

Saturday was fun, just not as much fun as we were hoping for. I thought i had the dome pressure issue fixed but it turns out I don't.

Leaving the line on motor only because we couldn't build any boost at the line. Afterwards we couldn't make anymore than wastegate pressure. Soni have to go back and chase down whatever is causing this.

Good news though is even on motor she left clean and crisp simply just hooked and drove like Cadillac on the highway. Now we can get it turned up and leave a whole lot spicier when we figure out the issue.

We got the issue narrowed down to 1 of 3 things. Should be testing it tomorrow night or Saturday morning to hopefully narrow it down.

If we can get it done tomorrow night we can make tnt at 710 Dragway. If not we're gonna have to wait. I have back surgery on Monday then its 2 weeks before I can drive.

hate to bother you.....but do you still have that spare well?

hate to bother you.....but do you still have that spare well?
I messaged you a while back before we had to move to see if you knew anybody that would ship it before we moved. I wasn't able to go to Carlisle. But we had to move(rather unexpectedly when my wife recieved new military orders) and unfortunately didn't have the space for it in the apartment.

Just got off the horn with RC Comp, looks like they can't make the 15x10 I wanted. So I will be switching to 15x11s out back.

Just got back home from back surgery. Everything went well and ill be down for the next 2 to 6 weeks depending on the neurosurgeon. Will post up some more updates when im healed up. As soon as I can ill be on the beadlock rc comps and some brand new 28x10 d06 compound hoosiers for testing now that I've found the issue of the wastegate lids lifting and leaking all my dome pressure out. Will post up some numbers when im able to make a pass on more than the motor off the line.

Ill also be at the Dig or Die no prep in Rockingham, NC, December 4-5.

Glad your surgery went well. Get some rest and heal up.

Post op check went good. Everything else is up to me at my own pace. But with how well its been going so far im looking to be back in the seat on the 14th when my chassis guy is in town and we hit the track to get this thing fully dialed in and ready for the no prep December 4th and 5th.

The new rubber showed up today for that event as well.

The new beadlock wheels from RC Components will be here tomorrow as well. Sooooo excited for those.

20201021_132049.jpg

20201021_132106.jpg

Got the new wheels and I'm beyond excited about them. 100% exactly what I wanted.

Even took some pictures with my buddies big block mopar with nitrous.

November 14th is chassis/track day to dial it for the no prep. If anyone wants to see the dartbill most likely be at Hertford,NC on the 14th and Rockingham December 4-5 for the no prep where I'm running small tire.

20201022_153854.jpg

IMG_20201022_193031.jpg

IMG_20201022_193047.jpg

IMG_20201022_192932.jpg

IMG_20201022_192950.jpg

IMG_20201022_193012.jpg

IMG_20201022_193141.jpg

Not dart related, but I got the new cargo trailer in today. I found someone who gave me 5500 for my old trailer and I only had 3k into it, so I couldn't say no.

That coupled witnmh the move to Washington State next June and hauling the Dart and the ZL1 over there. I needed a trailer to fit both cars in for the trip.

Of course i got to work right away and put a coat of Kilz premium sealer.down to get it ready for the epoxy floor coating to come. Want the floors nice and clean and ready to haul without any risk or tearing up the wood underneath.

Since I had back surgery I got them to install the electric jack up front and a 2md set of rings on side to tie down both cars.

Kids also got their Christmas present and we already had their first Wipeout. But they did exactly i.trianed em, cleared out the flooded motor and got right back to riding.

20201026_093947.jpg

20201026_093701.jpg

20201026_093514.jpg

20201026_170125.jpg

20201026_175823.jpg

20201024_180455.jpg

Last edited:
No dirt bike riding the last two days.

But we did get the two coats of epoxy on the floor in the trailer and the flakes the kids were more than happy to throw all over the place. They definitely had fun helping me out. But now its done and it gets 3 days to cure.

This weekend's plan for the dart is to drop the trans pan, get the 6an return fitting welded in for the check valve to negate the convertor charge issue known for th400/ls combos. Get it back in and filled up with fresh aw32. Replace the tstat housing and fill her up with fresh coolant. Test the wastegates and make sure my fix makes them hold dome pressure. If not ill be ordering the vsr v2 50mm wastegates that are designed for dome pressure.

Just making sure everything will be ready for the track day on the 14th.

20201027_174829.jpg

20201028_171323.jpg

20201028_180238.jpg

20201028_180345.jpg

20201028_174046.jpg

Last edited:
More dirtbike fun for the kiddos today.

Also got a few things done on the dart too. Wastgates are holding 45 psi of dome pressure now. So i put them back on and buttoned them up. Topped off the tranny fluid which was a little bit low and a fired her up and went for about a 20 minute drive. Put the slicks back on for good. Everything happy and good afterwards. So i put her in my new trailer and gave my buddy back hisnspot on the concrete pad back since the floor is all cured up.

Looking at going to Virginia motorsports park next weekend as they have some tnt stuff going on and im going to need it prior to the no prep so i can have some actual successful passes prior to Theo coming down the 14th to help me out.

20201031_121316.jpg

20201031_165905.jpg

Just got back home from back surgery. Everything went well and ill be down for the next 2 to 6 weeks depending on the neurosurgeon. Will post up some more updates when im healed up. As soon as I can ill be on the beadlock rc comps and some brand new 28x10 d06 compound hoosiers for testing now that I've found the issue of the wastegate lids lifting and leaking all my dome pressure out. Will post up some numbers when im able to make a pass on more than the motor off the line.

Ill also be at the Dig or Die no prep in Rockingham, NC, December 4-5.
What kind of back surgery did you have? I am in to a week of having back surgery my self. I too will be off work for the next 6 weeks then will be on light Duty for two months after that. It really sucks thst for November we are having such nice weather and I am stuck inside.lol anyway best of luck to you on your recovery and hope you have a great year of racing next year .

What kind of back surgery did you have? I am in to a week of having back surgery my self. I too will be off work for the next 6 weeks then will be on light Duty for two months after that. It really sucks thst for November we are having such nice weather and I am stuck inside.lol anyway best of luck to you on your recovery and hope you have a great year of racing next year .
Sorry to hear that. Best advice for healing is listen to the docs and go slow with the rehab. Im glad i got mine done in October. It isn't my first discectomy, I had it at c5-c6 in 2015. But i rested up very well and limited my movement and turning, twisting, bending, lifting to the appropriate level. My surgery Discectomy with fusion on L2-L2 and then Foraminotomy on L5-S1.

-
Back