Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
I don't know why you thought you needed a hemi. Of course they are expensive. That is just one reason why I wont bother with a hemi. I think it is hugely sacreligious to put a cheby engine in a Mopar. Sorry, but I am a real Mopar fan and anyone like me, would never DREAM of doing so. Who care about how cheap an ls engine is. So are 318s, 360s, etc. I've said all I care to on this thread.
It's not your car, your build or your money. It's really that simple. He did what he wanted to do. Not what I, you or anybody else wanted to do.

How does the heater do? I'm lookin at one similar. My shop is uninsulated metal. I guess it'd still be better than nuthin?
It's great, with it 42 degrees outside it had the 2.5 car garage to 72 in 10 minutes. Air coming out is nice and warm.

20220121_163328.jpg

20220121_163328.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't compare apples to apples. It's like saying "I compared a promod engine to a super-stock engine and hands-down, the S/S engine was the way to go". Per cubic inch, of course the hemi is more expensive and heavier, too. I don't know what horsepower you really need for the street or for anywhere for that matter, but a really nicely set up Mopar small block, will produce over 1,000 hp. Ok, what ever. I'm done with trying to talk a "Mopar fan" into being a tad bit more loyal. All the Mother Mopar fans I have ever known, wouldn't dream of doing what you did. Shame on you. That's my two cents. I'm moving on and wont read any more of this thread. Enjoy.
YA I hear ya but it sure is fast!

You didn't compare apples to apples. It's like saying "I compared a promod engine to a super-stock engine and hands-down, the S/S engine was the way to go". Per cubic inch, of course the hemi is more expensive and heavier, too. I don't know what horsepower you really need for the street or for anywhere for that matter, but a really nicely set up Mopar small block, will produce over 1,000 hp. Ok, what ever. I'm done with trying to talk a "Mopar fan" into being a tad bit more loyal. All the Mother Mopar fans I have ever known, wouldn't dream of doing what you did. Shame on you. That's my two cents. I'm moving on and wont read any more of this thread. Enjoy.
Wait before you go, can you please show us some examples of just what you claimed. “A nicely set up mopar small block that produces 1000hp”. We’d all like to see it.

I can say what I want, you non Mopar lover.
Btw, it is not a "hot rod", it should be classified as a muscle car or a drag car. Wtfe.

I can say what I want, you non Mopar lover.
Btw, it is not a "hot rod", it should be classified as a muscle car or a drag car. Wtfe.
Omg your comments are the best. Please continue with all these knowledge...I mean opinion bombs. They're so insightful.

Guess the dictionary got it wrong as well huh?

Screenshot_20220131-142345_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Sure looks like a hotrod to me. And a badass one at that.

Life's too short to ***** about stupid **** you don't agree with and have no control over.

Sure looks like a hotrod to me. And a badass one at that.

Life's too short to ***** about stupid **** you don't agree with and have no control over.
Some people that's all they have left in the world. Gotta let him get back to bragging about his fully loaded 97 sebring....

Sounds likes the only hotrodding he is doing is to that keyboard.

You guys should see how the Ford guys react when they see my 63 Falcon with a turbo Honda v6 in it. Oh man I laugh so hard. It’s the only reason I go to a car show anymore.

i know we all have preferences, but we're all car guys so i don't get all the bitchin' about cross pollenisation. build what you want, period. if someone doesn't like it then they can walk on by.

Hsvebt been making very much progress lately sue to work, 2 college courses and my 2 kids keeping me busy full time quite my wife is deployed. But i got the manifolds, cylinder heads and head gaskets pulled today. Now I can start looking over everything and making sure it's all good to go before I start resealing it and hopefully getting these new heads in the mail soon.
I also got my new firewall pass through which will be the new way to run the terminator x harness through the firewall versus the very crude way I ran it through before.

20220131_160401.jpg

20220131_163901.jpg

20220131_163953.jpg

20220131_140326.jpg

20220131_140334.jpg

Got off my butt and actually got some work done today(since I was fi ally ahead on the 2 college classes I'm taking and kids had homework) If everything goes right it ought to be out tomorrow and on the engine stand. If not then Friday for sure. I also finally put together my Christmas present from my wife. Only took me 35 years to have my own.

Got a little side tracked at the sky tonight as well. My favorite color all across.

20220202_172756.jpg

20220202_171517.jpg

20220202_173610.jpg

The junk is out. Time to go back mopar.

jk

Time to go over the motor and look over top to bottom. Then see where id like to start on the car. I've rolled around the idea of taking it down for an extended period and actually getting some more stuff done by people with particular skill sets that exceed the one I like to think I can do on a high level. We will see.

20220203_132308.jpg

20220203_140453.jpg

Last edited:
The junk is out. Time to go back mopar.

jk

Time to go over the motor and look over top to bottom. Then see where id like to start on the car. I've rolled around the idea of taking it down for an extended period and actually getting some more stuff done by people with particular skill sets that exceed the one I like to think I can do on a high level. We will see.

View attachment 1715864004

View attachment 1715864005
so i'm confused now, are you sticking with the ls motor?

-
Back