Refreshing 360 after 10 years....

-
they are.....pretty simple to put on....i made it simpler...cause instead of drilling hole...i welded the upper shock support to the frame...

As figured....got the call this morning that the parts were done....price of machine work gone up....last engine was 3 yrs ago...and same stuff done...150 dollars more...

As figured....got the call this morning that the parts were done....price of machine work gone up....last engine was 3 yrs ago...and same stuff done...150 dollars more...
inflation, ya know..... I'm sure your checks reflect this :D

3 yrs ago I was still drawing unemployment...lol....yeah...it has gone up a bit...lol

well...all the parts for the short block are here.....but making decisions every day on the heads....valve springs are not that old..but I ordered a new set probably will change out the retainers and locks too...plus I have a set of 2.08 intakes already....

Washed the block today...soap and water...blew compressed air everywhere...brake cleaner...wd40..tranny fluid...wiped down bores .....Tonya helped me put crank in..and torque it down....it still spins easy ..lol....mount pistons and rods tomorrow...

20161017_162803_resized.jpg

Yesterday got the pistons and rods reassembled...spiro locks were a breeze....
need to bust rod caps off this afternoon...and probably start filing rings...I got one those fancy Proform ring filers ....time to see how it works...

Got the rod caps loose....
did a dry run on the ring gaps...seems like we are pretty close..... Top ring is .018 2nd ring is .020 out of the box....

Speed Pro recommends top .018 and .022 as minimum ......

The driver of the 71 Dart was helping me put the rings on the pistons and knocking them in....I kept reminding her that the dot goes up and on piston she had the 2nd ring upside down, she went to remove top ring and it snapped in two....i wonder if the gap is ok on both sides of the ring now...LOL

Found a single piston set at Jegs .......lol

brokenring.jpg

Finally got around to checking the deck height on the 7 pistons that we were able to install....this block had been decked once before and that guy screwed it up...anyway...hats off to Vegas Machine here in Vegas......all 7 pistons are at +.018.....I am willing to bet Number 8 will be the same...lol

took the cylinder heads for a ride this weekend to Indio...dropped them off there...Plus Crackedback and I went to a high school football game....had a wonderful evening...lol

Good to see you got home safe. Heck bad football on a Friday night followed up be real bad football on Sunday night... good weekend! LOL

Thanks for entertaining me for a couple of hours...

hmmm.... Indio trip. I KNEW you were up to something!

Got the old Hughes 6064 installed and youngest daughter help dial it in...First go we hit 106 on a 106...second shot was a 102/103 ...close enough for a former government employee...a long with the government employee driver.

and put one of those PIA tensioners on it also...Found it on Amazon for 29 bucks with Free Shipping...well...you pay for amazon prime....Found a good deal on a set of 360 pistons there also a couple of months ago...

NO...I went to Indio just to watch a High School football game..lol

Short block assembled a waiting for cylinder heads....

One flat top piston flat tappet cam short block...

20161102_140015_resized.jpg

20161103_141004_resized.jpg

the cheap rods to avoid are I beams. looks like valves kissing pistons a little

Now that everything is cleanup ....Yes...those are eyebrows from the valves....about 6 yrs ago...I was warming up the engine to load on the car on the trailer...just idling...timing chain broke and bend 5 valves.....
while those heads were getting fixed I found a deal on the heads that are on the car now...or will be in a week or so...

Machine shop called said Heads will be UPS on Wednesday......got a two thing to do before the engine goes back in....

UPS man showed up today.....new 2.08 intake valves plus addition port work for the new valves....

darteddyheads.jpg

-
Back