reinforced k frame - is it worth it

-
The frame is back - pretty happy with the results. Old welds cleaned up/rewelded and frame kit installed. The pieces were tacked and when heated were shaped to form, and welded on. I will clean it up a little more and have it powdered coated. Hopefully the skid plate doesn't get in the way of the oil pan

welded - bottom.JPG

welded - top.JPG

weled - strut.JPG

Nice job.....I can’t wait to get my car back on the road to test out all of the improvements I have made to see if they have paid off.

The frame is back - pretty happy with the results. Old welds cleaned up/rewelded and frame kit installed. The pieces were tacked and when heated were shaped to form, and welded on. I will clean it up a little more and have it powdered coated. Hopefully the skid plate doesn't get in the way of the oil pan

CudaJames - I appreciate the pics! The k-member from my '64 Barracuda is out now, cleaned, and ready for welding. I also bought the firm-feel kit. I have a piece left over! The skid-plate and front leg pieces are obvious. There are also four smaller 'triangles', and two larger ones, plus the eyebrow for the steering box. I think the four smaller triangles go on the obvious top and bottom surfaces, and one of the large ones might go 'under' the steering box mount...but where the heck does the last piece go?

I have done two of them...one in the car and one out of the car....cut and boxed it .....now even the milodon oil pan will fit them...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If I were going to run a stock k frame this is what I would do^^^^^^^^^^

Bringing this back to the top as I plan on reinforcing the K frame in Vixen. I went to the Firm Feel site but was unsuccessful finding the reinforcement kit for the early A body. Does one of you cats have a link? Thanks.

I used their late model kit once. Pieces didn't fit. These days I weld up the seams and cut the bottom of the K-member open to add weld to the LCA pin tubes on the inside. I will sometimes add some material to the steering gear bracket, but I do add some weld to all of them.

-
Back