remove torsion bar tool

-

walleyebum

Reaction score
where can I get a torsion bar tool to remove them and if you have any pics of ones you made.thanks

EBAY.i have seen them there....also
soak the hell out of the ends with penetrating oil.... mine cam out easy after doing that...
if your replaceing them why worry about grabbing them?

Once the clips are out and the tension is off of the adjusters you may need to put blocks under the upper control arms to hold up the suspension and keep pressure off of the sockets on the lower arms. Then if you have some small U bolts or large cable clamps that you can attach to the bars, you can either strike them with a large dead blow hammer or my favorite is to position a small bottle jack where it will push the bars out.

where is it stuck at? you can pry on the lca & use that to assist in removing--
or clamp 2 block of wood to the bar & hammer the wood
or a large dowel rod placed in the rear mount & tap on that
these are just a few easy cheap remedies that home depot or ace hardware will have available.
Lawrence

I made some and no longer use em, after I installed headers, they are in the way. I just pull the clips and the nuts off the strut rods and get up in there with a block and pry bar and force the LCA back. Works really good.

Whatever you do, do not scar and sratch the T bars. This makes stress breaks

i made some and no longer use em, after i installed headers, they are in the way. I just pull the clips and the nuts off the strut rods and get up in there with a block and pry bar and force the lca back. Works really good.

Whatever you do, do not scar and sratch the t bars. This makes stress breaks

unless you are discarding the old bars... In that case.... Hammer away!

Don't do like I did and flail away with a sledge/ vise grips/pipe wrench. Suggest: Back off lca pivot nut: support lca: get proper tool (Mancini Racing) hit tool with non-marring hammer: enjoy your favorite beverage.

As stated, if you have headers the commercially available tools are just about useless unless you have a grinder.

Bob,
Here's a couple pics of the one I made.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 006.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 469
I also recommend wrapping the torsion bar with a shop towel before using he removal tool to help prevent nicks and gouges to the bars...

-
Back