Removing Torsion Bars? and leaving them out?

-
LOL this thread is turning into a comedy; OP, pull your head out. Take heed to the advice here; we're not bulls*ittin'.

As soon as your talkin airbags, your talkin to wankers...

As soon as your talkin airbags, your talkin to wankers...

I wouldn't say that at all.

I think these cars look awesome slammed on the ground. And there ARE ways to convert over to airbags in such a way that the car still handles well. Unfortunately those ways also involve spending an enormous amount of money for something that basically amounts to a party trick. Yes, I think it's cool. But the ability to lower my car another few inches at most (a place where it would not be driveable) isn't worth that kind of money to me.

I LOVE this car, a '71 Demon that was in Popular Hot Rodding awhile back. It has an Alterkation front suspension and Street Lynx rear with air bags. Looks awesome, gets used. But if you look at the video, you can see that the ride height that is used during that AutoX is no lower than my car sits normally (and is a lot higher than the ride height in these pictures). And I would wager my car handles about as well too. :D That hemi may be harder to contend with...

It's like anything. There are proper ways to accomplish things, and there are shortcuts and hack jobs. Doing an airbag set up right isn't cheap, but if it's done right it'll work great and look awesome. Doing it wrong will be dangerous and ugly.

0903phr_06_z%2b1971_dodge_demon%2bfront_passenger_side.jpg

0903phr_13_z+1971_dodge_demon+front_view.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/l1RO2OOingI[/ame]

X2

Air ride is awesome. It's more than a party trick as you can tune your suspension for a soft ride on the highway or firm it up for some carving in the twisties. I would never hack on something unless I had tried it myself. Seems like a lot of haters would be better off living by that motto.

To quote a famous politician named Mayor Quimby "I, errrrrr, am not a wankaaaah" :D

Attachments

• 100_2823.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 133
-
Back