Replace stock Harmonic Balancer?

-
Made in China does always mean bad quality. Made in USA doesn't always mean good quality.

There doesn't really seem to be economical options that aren't made in China. Unless someone can give me a better option then I don't really know what else to do.

I don't know if any place around me that will refurbish the old one.

Made in China does always mean bad quality. Made in USA doesn't always mean good quality.

There doesn't really seem to be economical options that aren't made in China. Unless someone can give me a better option then I don't really know what else to do.

I don't know if any place around me that will refurbish the old one.

Never said any of that. However, the fact does remain that since there is such a huge influx of Chinese made parts, it stands to reason there will be more bad parts. It's just simple math. A sudden increase in American made parts would yield the same result.

Consider looking at the Pro Race Products brand of damper. They are manufactured in Australia. They have a stock replacement version for about $86 which can be found on Mancini's Web site.

Consider looking at the Pro Race Products brand of damper. They are manufactured in Australia. They have a stock replacement version for about $86 which can be found on Mancini's Web site.
I just used one on a low buck 340 , my factory one was honed out too much... looked good for the money and we spun it to 7500 a bunch of times.

IMG_0680.JPG

I just used one on a low buck 340 , my factory one was honed out too much... looked good for the money and we spun it to 7500 a bunch of times.

View attachment 1715031016
Do you mind telling me about your plug setup? I would like to route mine in the same manner. The previous guy didn't bother getting the right lengths so they were routed over the the wheel well, to the firewall and back to the distributor. Ugly as sin.

The wires are new MSD's that I picked up local, the brackets I'm not sure really sure. If you look close it is just a piece of aluminium that bolts under the valve cover bolts...I'm not sure who made them but the old plug wires were Jacobs.

-
Back