Replacement fender tag

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
As some of you know I just bought a 68 Barracuda fastback from a member local to me.At some time in it,s life the drivers side fender was replaced,but the fender tag wasn,t(dumbasses)Anyway,I e-mailed National Moparts(Nigel)here in Beaverton,Ontario Canada to see if I could get another one made from the original broadcast sheet(which I found bunched up under the backseat).I just recieved an e-mail back saying he could do one for $225.Has anybodyelse had one made,stamped from him?Will this be the same as original?Thanks for any reply,s with answers.:read2:

Also look at the website trimtags.com. they have a photo gallery of some of their work.

from what i have read the repop tags look similar but people that know what they are looking at will know its a repop. then the car will be questioned... whats the big deal about it anyway? you have the broadcast sheet..

I agree with Joe. However, if you get one through Galen,it will be credible confirmation of the cars validity. I really like the personalized trim tags.
I've seen lots at shows that have hidden messages, kind of like a personalized license plate.
See you tommorrow night Scott.

If you are dead set on doing this I would deal with Nigel. He is local and honest. See you tomorrow night buddy.

I would go with Nigel, I have heard of no issues there. Also, ones that are not within driving distance may want you to mail your build sheet. I wouldnt be so comfy letting that build sheet out of my sight. Drive up to Nigels, he sees the buildsheet, copies the info down bing bang bong done...oh ya and $225 too. Well worth it though

I know of a guy in Ottawa, who really doesn't care about what is in your car but will pop you out a tag for $250. I didn't bother going forward with it because of his attitude about the options...you tell him what you want on the tag....not right.
Nigel sounds about right for the price Scott, and like it was said he is local, and knows his stuff.
AL

from what i have read the repop tags look similar but people that know what they are looking at will know its a repop. then the car will be questioned... whats the big deal about it anyway? you have the broadcast sheet..
Umm,I,d like to have a fender tag on the car.Right now I don,t have one and the fender looks bare.

Thanks my Canadian padrea,s,I will go to see Nigel.

MtNemoMopar(Bill) and 65Vart(Wally)see you tomorrow night:drinkers:.I still have to call Mike(75BlueDuster)

Scott, I will go up with you. Mike and I were just up and got the grand tour (happens about 2 or 3 times a year for the last 20) . It's well worth the trip. Like going to Mopar Heaven.LOL

Sure Wally,I think I,ll wait for a nice day(real soon)and take the Cuda for a road trip.Need to get the cobwebs off my foot!LOL

Sure Wally,I think I,ll wait for a nice day(real soon)and take the Cuda for a road trip.Need to get the cobwebs off my foot!LOL

Gimme a shout when you go, I canl meet you guys there. I havent been up in a while...Nigel likes beer, maybe hit it around closing time to have a couple??

Gimme a shout when you go, I canl meet you guys there. I havent been up in a while...Nigel likes beer, maybe hit it around closing time to have a couple??
Will do Steve and I,ll bring my camera to get some pics of the ragamuffin:tongue9:!LOL.J/k.Will be nice to see if they,ve made any progress on your car.Oh yeah,I still drink Busch cans LOL.

I've known people who used datatags.com and trimtags.com Both been happy can't tell the difference. I would't use Galen either thinks his a** is made of gold and knows everthing.

Will do Steve and I,ll bring my camera to get some pics of the ragamuffin:tongue9:!LOL.J/k.Will be nice to see if they,ve made any progress on your car.Oh yeah,I still drink Busch cans LOL.
I hate to intrude on your road trip but,I would like to meet you guy's there! I have only seen you guy's maybe once at Mopar meets and Nigel is an old buddy,so I will bug him for a few odds and ends that I could use. It would be a fun get together! Let me know if you are interested. Craig.

I,m thinking maybe around Easter long weekend,weather permitting.We,ll have to meet up at a Timmy,s in the area.Will keep everybody up to date.8)

We should give Nigel a heads up. He would roll out the welcome mat. Couple of weeks ago we saw some cool cars up there. One of his guys is working on a 66 Barracuda, really nice. They made an AMD 69 dart trunk pan look like it was made for it. Also they painted a 71 RT Chally with a 35K hemi in it beautiful car. Nigel is building a 65 Cornet Wagon (hemi of course). He is big into wagons these days. There is a Timmys about 5minutes down the road.
Now back to Fender Tags, sorry Scott.

We should give Nigel a heads up. He would roll out the welcome mat. Couple of weeks ago we saw some cool cars up there. One of his guys is working on a 66 Barracuda, really nice. They made an AMD 69 dart trunk pan look like it was made for it. Also they painted a 71 RT Chally with a 35K hemi in it beautiful car. Nigel is building a 65 Cornet Wagon (hemi of course). He is big into wagons these days. There is a Timmys about 5minutes down the road.
Now back to Fender Tags, sorry Scott.
It would be nice to meet you in person!

When you see Nigel you should ask if he's the go between or if he will actually be doing the fender tag for you.

When you see Nigel you should ask if he's the go between or if he will actually be doing the fender tag for you.
It doesn,t matter to me who does it,aslong as I get one.It seems his price is $25 cheaper than others posted.:)

-
Back