Replacement Fender Tag?

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Hi,

My car has never had the fender tag. It was missing when I bought the car. I do have the original build sheet still encased into the rear seat but it is confetti... pretty much destroyed.

Is there anyone that can make replacement tags if I can feed them the information they need...

Thanks

WOW! Thanks for the link! That place is expensive.... My wife would kick me square in the nuts if I told her I spent that much on a tag... $235 seems like a lot of money. If your building a special optioned car that's worth big bucks then sure but for the run of the mill Dart like mine it seems a bit much. Hmmmm

If anyone else has info on this I would love to hear it.

From what I have seen on these forums over the years, TrimTags is about your only option and that $230ish price is what you will need to pay.

I think Galen Govier still does them, he is very slow and i'm not sure of his prices.....
Google GTS and it should come up.
(Galen's Tag Service)

Why would you need a new one if it wasn't a high dollar car or a fake being passed off as a high dollar car? Even then guys can spot the repops a mile away.

I think Galen Govier still does them, he is very slow and i'm not sure of his prices.....
Google GTS and it should come up.
(Galen's Tag Service)

Galen requires documentation. You need a complete and readable build sheet and/or your original fender tag.

And it will cost more.

I don't really need one and I would rather spend that money on something that makes more HP or less ET... I just thought it might be nice to have one on the car... I might have spend $50 but even then. My car is what it is... it will never be a numbers matching HEMI Cuda, hell it wont even be a numbers matching Dart Sport for that matter and I'm fine with that.

go to datatags.com. He's about a $100 but does a great job. If you can send a copy of your build sheet along, all the better. He has no interest in helping people build fake cars, but he knows that a lot of these tags are simply missing. Awesome work, reasonable price.

I actually need a replacement fender tag for my real 340 Demon. The problem with these fender tags is that they are metal and they do rust. I have a '70 Charger 500 383 4 speed car as well with a rusted fender tag as well. Pine combs gathered under and around it and properly swiss cheesed it :(

Whenever somebody asks about a repop fender tag some douche will always say "you are building a fake _______" . Sometimes this is the case and sometimes it is not. I have two legit cars with terrible looking tags. I don't think that it would look to good on a restored car with a rusted fender tag. $235 is a painful price to have to pay for that stamped piece of metal though...

Fender tags are bad to get stolen anymore and I am wondering if I should even put them back on the cars; well that and the $235 price is a bit salty.

Everytime this is mentioned on Moparts, there is always somebody yelling REBODY!! ..Di**heads, there is one in every crowd.

well, i know your 340 is real! and you are in luck though, as it is still readable, so just a remake, and keep the original in a ziplok bag!

Since I first heard that people were stealing fender tags,I have had datatags make a tag for each car.They look good and yeah you will always have someone that says your car is a fake.So you might as well roll with it and go on.

i have the same problem. i have a 340 demon and the tag was missing when i got it. i WILL figure out how to make one. i have 2 perfect build sheets and determination. i m a cheap *** and would rather spend the money on the tooling that i can re-use than on a tag that probably won t look right anyway. i could give 2 squirts of pee what anybody says about my FAKE tag. i ll get satisfaction enough in doing it myself and it will make my engine compartment look better. i m really close to making one, just waiting on the stamps.

-
Back