Replacing my points distributor

-
Back in post#28, I extolled the virtues of the Orange box.
Well. I recently went out to check the ballast resistor values,and couldnt find the resistor. Nor the ECU. Nor any wiring.Seems somewhere in the past I yanked it out. At first I couldnt figure out what was controlling the coil. Then,under the dash,I found the Jacobs Opto-Timer. An adjustable timing control. I guess the amp is in there.
Im thinking I put that thing in there around the mid 2000s,maybe as early as 2004 .In any case, I forgot all about, that I had done that.
To the credit of the Orange box, I do remember installing it in 99, when the project first hit the road. It powered up the engine in its first and second configurations. First with the 292/509 cam.And second with the Hughes HeH2330 cam. Total trouble free time was maybe 4 or 5 yrs.
So, my point is I screwed up; it wasnt 15 trouble-free years, and Im sorry if I threw confusion into the thread.

AJ/FormS,
Thanks for fessing up. You are an hombre sincero. It helps keep the data clean. I don't remember half of what I did, which is the reason I write posts w/ photos to save for myself. I keep a spreadsheet documenting what parts I have and where (for 7 vehicles), but hard to keep that updated.

AJ/FormS,
Thanks for fessing up. You are an hombre sincero. It helps keep the data clean. I don't remember half of what I did, which is the reason I write posts w/ photos to save for myself. I keep a spreadsheet documenting what parts I have and where (for 7 vehicles), but hard to keep that updated.
That is good to do, Bill. I am having a hard time keeping up one text record on 1 car, much less 7! For the older enthusiasts here, I have to wonder just how many hundreds of things have been fixed and forgotten about.

-
Back