Repro Interior Parts and Carpet

-

fzmax

Reaction score
I was about to buy carpet from Year one at ~$240, then I found the same thing (Auto Custom Carpets) from ACO for $140. Am I missing something or is there some difference I don't know about.

I'm also in the need of a shifter boot, again Year One is ~$120 for the boot and bezel, but found this one for $55. Between the two that is a big chunk of change.

That's funny...........Same wavelength I guess............:read2:

I should know by now who has the best deals, but I usually shop around anyway cause things do change from time to time.

I also checked YearOne, but went back to ACC (Auto Custom Carpet) and saved a bundle...and NO....it's NOT cheaper stuff.......ACC is top quality, and what a lot of guys don't know is that they are a supplier to a lot of the retailers. Buy from them direct and we save a bundle every time.

I also bought a new Hurst shifter for my floor conversion, and needed that exact boot (again).......I bought one previously from eParts and it was GREAT........I shopped around again, and again, went back to eParts......the bezels are fabulous......as are their exhaust tips and all the other stuff they manufacture and market.

You made some GREAT choices ! :thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig:

I was about to buy carpet from Year one at ~$240, then I found the same thing (Auto Custom Carpets) from ACO for $140. Am I missing something or is there some difference I don't know about.

I'm also in the need of a shifter boot, again Year One is ~$120 for the boot and bezel, but found this one for $55. Between the two that is a big chunk of change.

For the most part you'll find Year One to be higher in price than just about anyone.

I don't know about Year One but a salesperson at Legendary told me that they get their carpets from ACC. I saw another vendor selling ACC carpets but they listed it with a lighter weight jute backing than what the ACC site had. Not sure what the deal is with the shifter boot but if it was me I'd probably get the $55 one.

Thanks for the input, that seemed like a big jump in price. I'm ordering the stuff today.

The only time it really makes a difference is if the end result is to get it on the road or a concours quality restoration. I've seen differences in padding, material used, carpet weight (carpet density), cut vs loop pile, and heel pad style. It helps to ask the vendor about the particular model you're buying for.

I ordered carpet from Legendary for a 66 Dart and got the ribbed style heel pad, the car came with the dot style. Had no problem getting the right pad. The purpose in bringing this up is had I made an issue of this when I ordered instead of assuming Legendary knew what was right for my car, I could have saved some down time and return shipping costs.

Yep, youse guys are finding out the hard way that Year One is a middle man and you can order stuff direct from the supplier and save some serious$$$. Same with Laysons, and a lot of the other big companies. How about the Spitfire headers in the Laysons catalog?? $325.00 from Laysons and $188.00 from Harold. I guess you're paying for the convienience of having them in stock. The thing that burns me is when you order from a company like Year One and the items are drop-shipped directly from the supplier. Anytime you need anything, ask here before you purchase your items. Everybody here has a lot of sources for stuff a lot cheaper than just opening the Year One catalog and getting out the plastic!!! Good luck with your projects, Geof

Check out the pics. This is ACC carpet in the after pics on my interior resto. Great quality. Liked the custom looking floor mats too so I got them. Just a little trimming and the carpet was in. Nice people, great deal.
Chas.

005.JPG

new car pics 045.JPG

new car pics 030.JPG

Chaz, those seats really make that interior POP!!! Nice job, and a far cry from that first pic!!! ACC is what I have in every one of my cars, and never had a problem!!! Geof

ACC is the main manufacturer of auto carpets in the country, Mopar as well as Chevy & Ford, they supply Paddock, Legendary, Year One, Laysons as well as several others.

If you shop around, you'll find them for around $115 for most A-Bodies

There was a thread on moparts about this. I will sum it up. Basically ECS Automotive Concepts sells a carpet kit that is supplied to him by ACC which is made to his own specifications. ACC's quality in the past has been pretty poor. ECS has them shipped to him flat and the carpets are stacked in a clean manner so your carpets come clean with no dirt on them. The heel pads are also a source of frustration as far as location. Motor Parts South originally was the company that started trying to make an accurate reproduction and has done a great job. You can buy from them as well. I guess all repop carpets are made by the same manufaturer which has varying specs for different companies. ECS ships the carpets to you flat which is more expensive but is worth the cost. Here are the info for the different companies offering carpets that I spoke of above.

ECS- http://www.ecsautomotive.com/
Motor Parts South- 704-435-2692

Motor Parts South states that they are not affiliated with ACC or Trim Parts.

-
Back