Requesting Socal Members Help Welding Firewall

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
I know I asked this about a month ago but I figured it would be worth another try. I was wondering if any SoCal members could help me patch and weld my firewall sometime within the next couple weeks. I'm generally free some week day afternoons or most of Saturdays (on occasions Sunday afternoons). I start school on the 26th and after that I'll only have very few weekends to work on the car. So if it's not driving it will probably sit till next summer. Right now I'm kind of stuck with my project unless I get this done. :/ I would greatly appreciate any help. I live about 5-10 miles west of the Pomona Fairplex. Thank you for your time.

Samy

I think I may have posted this in the wrong General Section. Mods, you can move it if you feel it be appropriate.

wow ...no one is soCal to help him out??

i would think in heavy populated so Cal there would be someone

i wish i wasnt so far ...that seems like a fun project

bumpity bump ....come on soCal people .....anyone?

I know I asked this about a month ago but I figured it would be worth another try. I was wondering if any SoCal members could help me patch and weld my firewall sometime within the next couple weeks. I'm generally free some week day afternoons or most of Saturdays (on occasions Sunday afternoons). I start school on the 26th and after that I'll only have very few weekends to work on the car. So if it's not driving it will probably sit till next summer. Right now I'm kind of stuck with my project unless I get this done. :/ I would greatly appreciate any help. I live about 5-10 miles west of the Pomona Fairplex. Thank you for your time.

Samy

I think I may have posted this in the wrong General Section. Mods, you can move it if you feel it be appropriate.

Do you have any pictures to post of the areas that need fixed??

i think its page three of his build thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=207901

if i got the story right he had someone helping him but that person decided to abandon ship before it was done and the OP cant weld.

i dont mean to speak for him but he is not online right now.

any ideas for this problem ....know anyone who can weld in SoCal?

Essentially that's what happened. Me and a friend were working on the car. We replaced a pretty decent chunk of the firewall and he welded it in. We then got stuck working on our baja car and my project was put on hold. After the baja car was done he basically told me he wasn't interested in helping anymore. I went to go grind the welds from the patch and made errors. At the very least the bottom section is going to need to be cut and rewelded as it's thin. It may need some filling around the sides but it seems like there's some metal there still.

Here are pictures taken 5 mins ago...

Attachments

• 101_0511.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 193
i can weld it for you. what exactly are you asking for? do you want the round holes welded, or the area where it looks like you got a lil excessive with the grinder?

Go buy a HF flux welder and DIY. Looks like you did it once. Use a flap wheel next time, 60 grit will get r done in a hurry.

if your just looking to fill the angry beaver marks, just seam sealer it and sand it back down. otherwise you will need to cut the area back out and get a patch from another car. that is if you want it done correctly. otherwise you will be building up material to sand back down. and yes next time try a flap wheel rather than the grinder.
I am in long beach, if you can bring it to me i am willing to help.

I seem to remember the first time pics were posted of the firewall. There were offers of help/parts and they went ignored.

You need to do as discharger says, bigger patch and start over. Try to stick with welding in areas that are flat not in depressed areas. Or you'll be busy with crokus cloth etc. taking the high weld areas down in those curved sections.

or just spread jb weld over it and call it good enuf for now. i personally would not let that little spot stop me from getting my car back on the road.

I seem to remember the first time pics were posted of the firewall. There were offers of help/parts and they went ignored.

You need to do as discharger says, bigger patch and start over. Try to stick with welding in areas that are flat not in depressed areas. Or you'll be busy with crokus cloth etc. taking the high weld areas down in those curved sections.
Just sell it and by a new car and molest that.:eek:ops:

You cant say you werent young and dumb at one point too. Everyone learns somehow.

if your just looking to fill the angry beaver marks, just seam sealer it and sand it back down. otherwise you will need to cut the area back out and get a patch from another car. that is if you want it done correctly. otherwise you will be building up material to sand back down. and yes next time try a flap wheel rather than the grinder.
I am in long beach, if you can bring it to me i am willing to help.

To get it to you I'd need to find a way to get it out of the garage. I live on a little bit of a hill and my garage is perpendicular to the street so I'll most likely have to reinstall the steering column. Then I'd have to find a tow company to tow it. I just want to fill in the "angry beaver marks." I haven't really heard much about seam sealer. How does it work and does it hold well? I'll look it up real quick. Thanks for your offer! I'll see what I can do.

-
Back