Retired

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was a 48 year journey, but I turned 65 last month, and officially retired Monday. When ,my grandson's started asking Mommy when Papaw was going to retire, so I would have more time for them, that was all it took. They want to fish, so I bought a boat, and I'm going to start on their dirt bike track on my land.

Congratulations! You won't have any problem staying busy.

Congrats!!!!! Send everyone here a few bucks and we will all go out and buy a case of cold ones and celebrate!!! Sounds like you will be having much fun!!

Congrats, yeah my parents are both retired and are busy. Enjoy the extra time with the grand kids

Welcome to the club.

Someone will be around sometime the week to show you how to get the mail in your bathrobe and teach you the secret handshake.

Welcome to the club.

Someone will be around sometime the week to show you how to get the mail in your bathrobe and teach you the secret handshake.

I knew there was a reason I never wanted to be a letter carrier :rofl: .. Congratulations! I pulled the plug at 60. I would have lost money had I stayed longer.

Welcome to the club. You will quickly see that your honey doo list gets longer.

Congrats!

I have 10 more years to retirement. I really want to be retired...but I don’t really want to be 10 years older when it happens! LOL!

Congrats!

I have 10 more years to retirement. I really want to be retired...but I don’t really want to be 10 years older when it happens! LOL!

18 year old's should not be allowed to think for themselves. My brother had me a job with him at Ford when I turned 18. All I had to do was show up. I could have retired at 48.

18 year old's should not be allowed to think for themselves. My brother had me a job with him at Ford when I turned 18. All I had to do was show up. I could have retired at 48.
My buddies dad retired from Ford at a pretty young age, he lived in OH and when the winters would start getting cold he would hook his 5th wheel toy hauler to the truck and go south for the winter.
He finally bought a place cheap in FL for the winter months and sold the 5th wheel.

My brother started at Ford at 25, when he got out of the Army. He's 12 years older than me, and has been retired for over 20 years. Should have listened to him, but can't really complain. I've had a good career, and never has any problem finding a job. Matter of fact, I just retired, and have had several job offers already.

It was a 48 year journey, but I turned 65 last month, and officially retired Monday. When ,my grandson's started asking Mommy when Papaw was going to retire, so I would have more time for them, that was all it took. They want to fish, so I bought a boat, and I'm going to start on their dirt bike track on my land.
Nice ,those " arrruuugghhh" daily moment, Just went positive ...Those dirt bikes will make the aggressive, and the fishing ,will teach them patience ,and thinking processes

Congratulations. I just retired in June of this year and I haven't missed having a job. Like they say your gonna find yourself busier than when you worked. Alot of fun spending extra time with the grandkids and get to fish and drive my Barracuda more. Congrats again and enjoy don't do like I did and get everything done you think needs done

-
Back