Retirement

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
Just in case somebody wanted to know, I have officially joined the RETIRED bunch...and no I did not wait til I was 65...61
Jean-Guy..."leblanc"

Congrats! Find something to keep you busy and out of trouble. I had to retire 4 years ago. I will be 61 in March.

Hi Jean-Guy. Good for you. Wish I could say the same but am still a few years away. Now you need another project to keep you busy. Have fun. Bobby

Hi Jean-Guy. Good for you. Wish I could say the same but am still a few years away. Now you need another project to keep you busy. Have fun. Bobby

That is what happens when your young, you have to wait.
My wife retired 5 1/2 years ago. I was willing then but financially not able...now I have to be careful moneywise.
J-G

Congrats,, I retired 3 yrs ago at 62,, or so I thought.. lol

I've got so many projects ,, and my old customers tracked me down,, and spread the word,,

Now .. I have no idea how I had time for a bloody job... lol .. and loving every minute of it..

cheers..

Well done , Jean-Guy . We have all heard of that freedom 55 plan
Well I got the freedom when you die plan. Cost me a little less
but I wont be bored. LOL Enjoy your time off , drive your car lots.

Cheers.

Your in good company, my wife retired too yesterday was her last day

I gotta work another 8 years or so

Congrats!:cheers: I'm looking forward to that day. But I still enjoy working for a living... Its the only way I know how to pay the bills! LOL

Congrats buddy! I am like Bobby and will need to work a few more years before I can join you.

Congrats Jean-Guy. You might feel a little out of place for a while, but you'll get used to it. I know it felt a little weird for me. I retired at age 44 , 15 years ago. Spend almost every day in the shop at home here working on Mopars.

Congrats man,,,,,,,i have a long ways to go. Just now 50 and working in the healthcare field ! Well in Canada anymore I hope to put in at least 10 more,if I have a job that long

Thanks everybody and yes its a great feeling, still feels like holidays but that will change with time.

To anybody who dreams of retiring some day `START SAVING WHEN YOUR YOUNG` the younger the better.

And yes I plan to drive my Dart Sport MORE OFTEN.

. To anybody who dreams of retiring some day `START SAVING WHEN YOUR YOUNG` the younger the better.[/QUOTE said:
This can not be stressed enough. I am securities licensed and always trying to convince the younger crowd to save/invest early in life. Some get it, some don't.

This can not be stressed enough. I am securities licensed and always trying to convince the younger crowd to save/invest early in life. Some get it, some don't.

It is not some don't.....it is that they lack the deep pockets some of you folks have....

Enjoy your retirement....

It is not some don't.....it is that they lack the deep pockets some of you folks have....

Enjoy your retirement....

I started in the Auto Parts Business as a delivery boy for $1.75 per hr.in 1974. No college education.No help from anyone. Retired at age 44. It can be done :D

-
Back