Reverse Lug Stud for my 66 Dart GT

-

EatDart

Reaction score
In search of a reverse Lug stud for my 66 Dart GT 273. Got new tires installed and the installer forgot the rear left wheel is a reverse thread..the stud broke and I am now in search of a new stud. Been searching all over and cannot find any.. If anyone has a spare one I could purchase or point me to a good place to get it from, I would be grateful!

"The installer forgot" ...then why isn't he fixing it?

They could not locate a replacement part. I had them email me on the spot admitting to breaking it and committing to fix it
That makes sense

I take it they will reimburse you for the studs and then install it free of charge ?

I can totally see things like this snowballing on older cars

I once had new tires put on and if I remember correctly they put the weight on in a way it wouldn't clear the front brake hub

Once they torqued it down it down they messed up the bearings and snapped one or two studs

Then they ended up towing it to a shop to fix it all

Yeah, they definitely will! It was an honest mistake, but I would expect a bit more since I went over it with them 3 times. 1st world problems though - there are worse things than that I guess..

10 new right handed studs

Press the old ones out, press the new ones in, done
10 new right handed studs

Press the old ones out, press the new ones in, done
Hi just to update, the tire shop ended up replacing my rear left lug studs with new ones and now it’s standard righty-tighty lug studs. They also replaced all the lug nuts so all are new and matching and I ended up not paying anything of course and also got credited a couple hundred bucks for the tires I bought, as their apology. Mistakes happen but it’s all about how we makes those right, so very happy with them. Thanks for the help!

Awesome

Alls well that ends well, right ?

And good on them for going the extra mile with the lugnuts

One word of advice, get the front left changed over to right handed studs asap, so it all matches

Otherwise we'll be having this same conversation 2 years down the road again

Awesome

Alls well that ends well, right ?

And good on them for going the extra mile with the lugnuts

One word of advice, get the front left changed over to right handed studs asap, so it all matches

Otherwise we'll be having this same conversation 2 years down the road again
That has already been taken care of by the previous owner cause now all are the same

I could use a shroud though if you have a good place to get it from. I have a new Champion radiator and she still runs a little hot.

-
Back