RIP Malcolm Young

-
SERIOUSLY....................

"Seriously?" OK, SERIOUSLY. I like some of their stuff but I'm not a groupie. Hell I can't name more than a few members of many of these bands. There are just plain too many. I used to listen to some of it, liked some of it, hated some of it. I DID NOT feel the need to have some "personal connection" to band members, anymore than I felt the need to say, learn the names of the local staff at the car dealership. SERIOUSLY.

RIP. Another legend gone. Back in Black one of the best albums ever.
64 yrs. young. Jam on upstairs Malcolm.

33D91DDB-F5A8-4854-B0E6-AD9214D09B13.jpeg

What made Back in Black remarkable was it was with new front man Brian Johnson after Bon Scott passed.
1st album new singer. NAILED IT!
Dirty Deeds and High Voltage were pretty damned good too.
RIP Malcolm and THANK YOU
RIP. Another legend gone. Back in Black one of the best albums ever.
64 yrs. young. Jam on upstairs Malcolm.

View attachment 1715112083

"Seriously?" OK, SERIOUSLY. I like some of their stuff but I'm not a groupie. Hell I can't name more than a few members of many of these bands. There are just plain too many. I used to listen to some of it, liked some of it, hated some of it. I DID NOT feel the need to have some "personal connection" to band members, anymore than I felt the need to say, learn the names of the local staff at the car dealership. SERIOUSLY.

Well Del, since I am in the music business, I keep a pretty keen eye to most of the happenings! That, and most everybody that knows me knows that I don't forget much!! I am always amazed at the power and virtuosity of great players, and as such hold Angus Young in the highest regard! Like them or not, it doesn't take much to look past the music and see the musicianship of members of bands, and any band that has the longevity and collective following that AC/DC does, puts them at the top of their craft!! I applaud that, and celebrate that, whether in music, or any walk of life! Just as I put your electrical knowledge at the top of the list!!

Very few match the talent of malcom young.
He will be missed.
Rip.
Playing dirty deeds,itunes on shuffle. Go figure...

SERIOUSLY....................

Ya, seriously.
Heard of the rock & roll band, but i never would be listening to that kind of "music"
I will bet you there are young members here, who don't even know who Simon & Garfunkel are.

My favorite band from back in the day is the Moody Blues.
Can you name me all the names of all the band members?
Of course you can't.

Last edited:
every song they played was great not many bands can say that .
R.I.P. Malcom and Bon thanks .

Ya, seriously.
Heard of the rock & roll band, but i never would be listening to that kind of "music"
I will bet you there are young members here, who don't even know who Simon & Garfunkel are.

Of course you can't.
I'm 55, listen to them all, you forgot Creedence, the Dead, just to name a couple. and very few names of band members come to mind. Jaeger, Plant, Clapton and Young always come to mind, none of which belonged to the bands I listed.

Ya, seriously.

Of course you can't.

As a matter of reference, I currently play the upright bass in a bluegrass band, and am versed in just about every style of music! Although I may not be able to name the members of the Moody Blues, I have always enjoyed their music as well!! I typically cross the borders of all kinds of music...I was in an Irish band for a long time, have played rock, blues and all related genres, and was the accordion player in a Zydeco band in the 80's when zydeco was big....ger!!

Ya, seriously.

Of course you can't.
I
Ya, seriously.

Of course you can't.

Legend of a Mind is one of my favorite Moody Blues songs!

-
Back