Ripped off

-
I don't understand the premise that skimping on packaging puts more money into the sellers pocket! Doesn't every seller put it in the box, packaging or not, then weigh the box and then get a quote? How else can you come up with a shipping total to give the buyer? And then you think by taking out a nominal amount of the weight by reducing the packaging saves you how much in a box the size of the one pictured! Seems like a lot of extra work to save maybe at most $1.00 on $15, which seems to be the shipping amount! Doesn't seem likely....

That's a lot of questions, Geof. You're assuming a lot. Suppose someone just figured the price of a flat rate box (same price from 0-XX pounds.) Suppose others don't think of it the way you do.

Now, the price of bubble wrap is what? According to Walmart.com it can run a $1.96 for the smallest all the way up to $28.00 for a large roll of it. Who's paying the money to buy it? The seller. Who's making the drive to the store to buy it, using his or her gas? The seller. Even if it's just for the $2 stuff, some people won't reach into his or her pocket for it, because that's taking money out of the profit.

And isn't that the dirty word around here that everyone keeps tsk-tsking? "Profit?"

Now you have a situation arising from the someone who thinks it's all USPS's fault that parts were (or weren't as the case in this thread) received in the same condition as he sold 'em. Accidents happen. The idea is to reduce the risk of those accidents. Broken parts, lost parts, all because the seller thinks all he's responsible for is putting a part in a cardboard box, using a little tape (they'll tape it at the post office, don'tcha know?), and then sending it on it's way. Absolves the seller of all responsibility when he buys insurance.

The solution for this was simple: "Sorry, Bruce, I didn't package the part properly to ensure that it made it to you. I'll refund your money." And then began the insurance claim.

But that means actually stepping up the plate, letting his balls drop, and admitting that he didn't actually spend money on anything other than a strip of tape and a box to send it in. Right, that word "profit" again.

Considering he's screaming at the top of his lungs and saying it's all the delivery company's fault and that others are out to screw him because they've received broken parts, that's not likely to happen.

Given the above, he's unlikely to bite into his money to buy proper packaging material in the future, either, because that'll bite into his profit. That makes him just like the "flippers" a lot of folks on here whine about.

If so, you can buy a new one at the rockauto site for a heck of a lot cheaper than $65. BTW this whole thread just wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back.:banghead:
3dzrotinfov2.jpg

Heres a post from a fellow member from the C3VR corvette site earlier today. Note that the vender stood behide the sale!

I ordered a replacement gas tank( complete kit) from Corvette Central . Upon opening it, I found that UPS must have dropped it on a corner. There was a slight ding, indent, inthe upper corner . No biggie, and I'm ready to install the tank. I thought that Corvette Central should know about the damage that UPS probably caused. I wasn't asking for anything . They sent me a reply in 10 minutes and giving me a $50 refund on my credit card. It is nice to see customer service, besides I got free shipping, and it arrived 3 days after I ordered it. Although not a sponser of C3vr, GIVE them a try . Pleased customer. Big Al

As I said earlier, the seller/vender is resonsible for the shipment making it safety.
Rod

We all know the saying a man is only as good as his word and once you loose trust it is almost impossible to recover.
7 pages of all this for a few bucks makes no sense the long term effects to a persons reputation can be destroyed in a moment.
As a business you always do the right thing for the right reason that's what builds trust and loyalty and long term customers.
This is a small community and people remember a bad experience long after the forget about the money.

Enough with the Bull ****. Sent him a PM waiting on his reply with a PayPal to send the $65 to be sent to.
Also will now be sending pictures of the parts wrapped up and in the box to the buyer in the future before sending the parts that way they know how the parts will be wrapped and boxed before they receive it

Another thing I've noticed Is 68dodge seems to have taken the high road and stopped responding.
X2

I just recently bought a lot of parts from well knowing seller here. The parts of the most value were missing, I sent him pictures and then was told "I insured it you take care of it". This was 280.00 transaction and the post office said improper packaging so I am screwed. This huge thread over 65.00 is petty. lick your wounds and walk away. There are quite a few members I will never buy from again.

That's a lot of questions, Geof. You're assuming a lot. Suppose someone just figured the price of a flat rate box (same price from 0-XX pounds.) Suppose others don't think of it the way you do.

Now, the price of bubble wrap is what? According to Walmart.com it can run a $1.96 for the smallest all the way up to $28.00 for a large roll of it. Who's paying the money to buy it? The seller. Who's making the drive to the store to buy it, using his or her gas? The seller. Even if it's just for the $2 stuff, some people won't reach into his or her pocket for it, because that's taking money out of the profit.

And isn't that the dirty word around here that everyone keeps tsk-tsking? "Profit?"

Now you have a situation arising from the someone who thinks it's all USPS's fault that parts were (or weren't as the case in this thread) received in the same condition as he sold 'em. Accidents happen. The idea is to reduce the risk of those accidents. Broken parts, lost parts, all because the seller thinks all he's responsible for is putting a part in a cardboard box, using a little tape (they'll tape it at the post office, don'tcha know?), and then sending it on it's way. Absolves the seller of all responsibility when he buys insurance.

The solution for this was simple: "Sorry, Bruce, I didn't package the part properly to ensure that it made it to you. I'll refund your money." And then began the insurance claim.

But that means actually stepping up the plate, letting his balls drop, and admitting that he didn't actually spend money on anything other than a strip of tape and a box to send it in. Right, that word "profit" again.

Considering he's screaming at the top of his lungs and saying it's all the delivery company's fault and that others are out to screw him because they've received broken parts, that's not likely to happen.

Given the above, he's unlikely to bite into his money to buy proper packaging material in the future, either, because that'll bite into his profit. That makes him just like the "flippers" a lot of folks on here whine about.

I understand your point as always Robert! I guess I'm of a different breed than most, as I have never bought a roll of bubble wrap in my life, despite sending hundreds of packages so far! I don't know of anybody that has bough a part from me that has had an issue with my packaging! My items are way overpacked ala inks recommendations! I typically use a box in box method, and surround the inner box completely with 2" of form fitting styrofoam, which I pay for out of my own pocket for $14 in 4x8' sheets just to satisfy the shipping insurance recommendations! I don't charge extra for any of my time, packing materials or anything othe than the final package quote to ship it per the customers requests! So, how do I do it???...

I'm a dumpster diver, a box *****, and in the spring I look for old pool covers that are being thrown away! Can you say miles of free bubble wrap!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 266
I understand your point as always Robert! I guess I'm of a different breed than most, as I have never bought a roll of bubble wrap in my life, despite sending hundreds of packages so far! I don't know of anybody that has bough a part from me that has had an issue with my packaging! My items are way overpacked ala inks recommendations! I typically use a box in box method, and surround the inner box completely with 2" of form fitting styrofoam, which I pay for out of my own pocket for $14 in 4x8' sheets just to satisfy the shipping insurance recommendations! I don't charge extra for any of my time, packing materials or anything othe than the final package quote to ship it per the customers requests! So, how do I do it???...

I'm a dumpster diver, a box *****, and in the spring I look for old pool covers that are being thrown away! Can you say miles of free bubble wrap!!!

OTFLMAO. I do the same exact thing. The only packing supply I do buy is stranded packing tape, it's well worth the money and strong as hell.

Enough with the Bull ****. Sent him a PM waiting on his reply with a PayPal to send the $65 to be sent to.
Also will now be sending pictures of the parts wrapped up and in the box to the buyer in the future before sending the parts that way they know how the parts will be wrapped and boxed before they receive it

Great news, to bad this wasn't done 7 pages ago and before you sold your credibility out for a miserable $65.00. Good luck with future sales here, I think you are going to need it.

I watched this thread before I posted,and most times the seller is in question.If you will try to be agreeable and most importantly take responsibility for your actions and the actions of people you employ,you will find that your word will have meaning and stand.However when you blame others your word has no substance.If the man lied about an "empty" box he will find his words will cause him more pain.Karma has a way of repayment that the liar cannot escape.

I gave him 320.00 for the busted up parts, he told me not his problem go after post office. was not post offices fault it was clearly justins. if you have not figured out in the last couple hundred posts nothing is his fault. I walked away from this in feb. as it was apparent unless someone ,anyone other than justin pays for his mistakes I will never get any thing back. so I just wrote him off as someone I will never buy from again, and I buy a lot. I am a custom home builder and have owned my own company since 94. have 6 old mopars that I enjoy. never in bussiness have I encountered any one like justin. just checked my paypall and refund has not been issued. could give a **** about the money it is the principal that counts. will continue to keep this thread active untill justin does the right thing or completely destroys his chances of taking anyone elses money. wow still can not believe he has let it go on this long.sorry for getting so rilled up . NW DART

Why is everyone jumping down ply30's neck? He said in the #3 post that he was working on a refund. And just now again on this page.

And any buyer who turns down insurance is asking for trouble in my opinion. There is a reason the shipping service offers it. It's because not even they can guarantee the product will arrive undamaged let alone arrive in general. You're paying for a piece of mind so this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

I'd assume had the buyer paid for insurance, the shipping service would be required to further inspect the box rather than look in and tape it up. Including maybe tossing some more packing material in there. It's paper, not sure how anyone could accuse someone else of profiteering by not adding some FREE trash to pad the inside of a box...

And Rod7515 you just compared a professionally licensed business's customer satisfaction to a person selling used parts. Not sure any of us could afford to just go tossing our own hard earned money to someone because of something that happened that was out of our control. Completely different scenario imo. I bet you're a hard person to please in that case :)

And you guys leave Geoff alone. He's a killer person to do business with. And my parts were packaged beautifully. A+ guy in my book! /highfive for Geoff. Oh and he's a *****. Who doesn't like that?

@Russ H - Go check the 3rd post. ;) Already said he was issuing a refund.

Why is everyone jumping down ply30's neck? He said in the #3 post that he was working on a refund. And just now again on this page.

And any buyer who turns down insurance is asking for trouble in my opinion. There is a reason the shipping service offers it. It's because not even they can guarantee the product will arrive undamaged let alone arrive in general. You're paying for a piece of mind so this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

I'd assume had the buyer paid for insurance, the shipping service would be required to further inspect the box rather than look in and tape it up. Including maybe tossing some more packing material in there. It's paper, not sure how anyone could accuse someone else of profiteering by not adding some FREE trash to pad the inside of a box...

And Rod7515 you just compared a professionally licensed business's customer satisfaction to a person selling used parts. Not sure any of us could afford to just go tossing our own hard earned money to someone because of something that happened that was out of our control. Completely different scenario imo. I bet you're a hard person to please in that case :)

And you guys leave Geoff alone. He's a killer person to do business with. And my parts were packaged beautifully. A+ guy in my book! /highfive for Geoff. Oh and he's a *****. Who doesn't like that?

You might want to re-read the whole thread because Justin said it was insured.

You might want to re-read the whole thread because Justin said it was insured.

Ugh, I'll take your word for it. I can't sit through it again. My apologies! 8 month old and 4 year old Dad fog brain syndrome. No cure.

The guy said he was giving a refund at least twice. Why can't we all just get along?

I do not want no more trouble nor do I want hard feelings I just wanted both of us to work togather to make it a win win situation for us both but that won't happen. I am very sorry it went on this long once I get his paypal info I will send the $65 to him.

saying and doing are two different things, no refund here, sent him 320.00 and got a box of busted parts, few posts back said I did not pay for delicate shipping, he is having a hard time coming up with new spins. twice already he has said will refund my money but has failed to do so, maybe tomorrow?

I do not want no more trouble nor do I want hard feelings I just wanted both of us to work togather to make it a win win situation for us both but that won't happen. I am very sorry it went on this long once I get his paypal info I will send the $65 to him.

If the buyer sent a payment to you via paypal, you should be able to find his info to send the refund on the paypal website.

Now that you have kept this can of worms brewing for 8 pages, you might also consider sending a refund to nwdart.

JMO if you want to somewhat restore your reputation here....:-\" :-k

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk[/ame]

saying and doing are two different things, no refund here, sent him 320.00 and got a box of busted parts, few posts back said I did not pay for delicate shipping, he is having a hard time coming up with new spins. twice already he has said will refund my money but has failed to do so, maybe tomorrow?
Please check your pm
Thanks

-
Back