Rms street lynx vs. back half parallel 4 link

-

rgreule

Reaction score
Im debating with my self on what to do with my car.. It will be a street driven turbo drag radial duster. Is the street lynx a good enough system with enough adjustment or should I just back half the car and be done with it.. Back seat is something I'd love to keep but would give it up if need to be..

I don't have any experience with the street lynx systen though it does look to be well thought out. I do love my back half four link car though.

I think it comes down to strength and adjustability. I've witness AbodyJoe's car... It launched very well but there was some tuning left in it at the time and I'm not sure if that system has the adjustability a car like your thinking of may need. Admittedly I'm also not totally familiar with it so take this opinion for what it's worth. If it was me, I'd go 4 link.

Big power will want adjustability. Street lynx is probably a nice choice for a mostly street driven ride , but if you require hook , you'll want a four link.
I have an Alterktion in the front of my ride and can attest to the quality Bill churns out , but the street lynx is a bit of compromise , so you need to decide which of the two worlds you want the most out of........comfort and quiet or bite.

give bill a call. he will tell you straight up if his system will do what you want. he put a limit on it time wise for a track car (not because of strength but for adjustment and anti squat type of things.). forget what it was. the street lynx is meant for corners first and what you get at the drag strip is what you get. it adjusts all over the place but a normal 4 link i'm sure has a lot more adjustment for the drag strip.

As mentioned, a triangulated 4-link is more designed for corners. Turbo car with decent power is bad enough...add to that a drag radial and you want all the adjustability you can get. A full back-half not be needed. Figure out what size tire you will run, and see if you can mini-tub the car. From there, you can make/design your own 4-link setup to fit under the car.
On the other hand, if you're not against the complete back half and want to do that, it would be much easier than what I previously mentioned. Let me know if you have any questions when it comes to build time. Good luck.

I already have the tires being 325/50/15s... I think that a back half would be the best thing but I really want it to be a quote in quote street car with full interior. I'm almost thinking of trying calyracs and split monos for fun. Be cool to run a good number on "stock" suspension.. drag radials with a very stout Turbo small block. I'm thinking of seeing if the monos and caltracs are worth a ****.. read in telloebullet of a few guys in the 1.1x to 1.2x 70 ft zone...

If a stock mustang rear suspension " triangulated 4 link" can Run in the 7's with Turbos annd Drag Radials, I don't see why you would back half a street car. It is not necessary with today's today's technology.

Guy in SoCal with a 70's camaro on leaf springs and small tire. Has a procharged big block in it and runs low 7's. It's doable...just takes more patience to get it to that point.

If a stock mustang rear suspension " triangulated 4 link" can Run in the 7's with Turbos annd Drag Radials, I don't see why you would back half a street car. It is not necessary with today's today's technology.

Bingo.. that's exactly what was described to me by my chassis guy who fabbed up mine...

here what I have observed and you can do the same and draw your own conclusion....some of us already have

when I go to the Nats...the fast cars on the drag side (pits) are mostly back-halfed/ 4-links/ladder bars
the cars on the show side (my peeps)...have triagulated 4-bars (except me...I'm confused!)

just say'n

With the power you will should be making if you go with leaf springs you will need to go with a 25 inch or longer front spring segment for best results.

-
Back