Rocker Arm Shaft End Cap Freeze Plugs

-

340inabbody

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guy looks like the primary source of Mopar SB rocker arm shaft end cap freeze plugs are no longer being produced. Mancini and Chrysler dealers are all out.
I found a working solution that I wanted to share with you all. It’s a 5/8 cap with roughly a .235” height. Can get anywhere as they are a Doorman part. Doorman 555-011

Hope this helps anyone in need.

IMG_2122.png

IMG_2125.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

If you go to a good parts store/machine shop/repair facility, they may have a selection of both metric and U.S. similar to this.

IMG_20240516_194932_749.jpg

If you go to a good parts store/machine shop/repair facility, they may have a selection of both metric and U.S. similar to this.

View attachment 1716254845
Thanks. Thought of heading to Napa but they are closed. A good parts store/machine shop/ repair facility are getting harder and harder to find. They are disappearing faster than our dragstrips. I found these parts in stock and they work well. So YOU GUYS DONT HAVE to be waste your time sorting through bins and calling around. This I thought would be of value.

Thanks. Thought of heading to Napa but they are closed. A good parts store/machine shop/ repair facility are getting harder and harder to find. They are disappearing faster than our dragstrips. I found these parts in stock and they work well. So YOU GUYS DONT HAVE to be waste your time sorting through bins and calling around. This I thought would be of value.

I had posted that wayyy back May 15 on your original posts about rocker oiling.
Glad you found them, thnx.

Absolutely, thanks. Just curious, were your shafts clogged inside?
Jerry, you would not believe all the crap I get out of slant six shafts.
But I know you small block guys take better care of your stuff!

Jerry, you would not believe all the crap I get out of slant six shafts.
But I know you small block guys take better care of your stuff!

Interesting Stan. No, my stuff only stays clean cause it never runs as you know. : )

Interesting Stan. No, my stuff only stays clean cause it never runs as you know. : )
But it could if you worked on it!
LOL
I just want you to start driving to some shows and such.
They are just a burden when they are in a million parts.

-
Back