Roll Call: Spring Fling XXII Van Nuys Ca May 3&4, 2008 w/updates & pics

-
As of today the car will be at the show on Sunday for the "In progress" showing. Not so sure about Saturday yet. It will not be street legal to drive to the show but it will be running. It will still be a rolling shell but I may get lucky and get some more body panels added by Sunday.

I will be at the show on Saturday cruising the swap meet and picking up odds and ends. I'll be wearing my FABO T-shirt and a red OU hat.

See you guys there.

Yay!
I fixed the belts!
But not before breaking the alternator.
I'm so awesome at working on cars....8-[

But I'm making it to Spring Fling.
Just look for the Rallye red Duster/Demon hybrid with legs sticking out from underneath it, because I'll probably break something on the way in too.

yep. i will be meeting up with them in seaside. never done it before, but seems exciting to be with a bunch of others caravaning.

Here's a recent email from Kevin. Did you get this. Please email Kevin to tell him you are coming.

From Kevin Warren that is heading up the Spring Fling Coastal Cruise....

Folks,

The first Coastal Cruise to Spring Fling is just days away. I can’t wait.

Joanna and I drove the coast road from Monterey to the Madonna Inn on Saturday and we can report the road is in great shape with almost no construction. The weather report indicates excellent conditions so all is ready.

We will stop to stretch at a few locations on the coast. One should be perfect for a group shot, another will let you get close to nature. Bring your binoculars as the whales should be easy to spot. We were able to get to the Madonna Inn in a little over 3 hours so you should plan for a lunch break some time between 1:00 and 2:00.

I will be driving the Superbird and Joanna will bring the truck and our flat car trailer. If anyone has car trouble we will be able to get you to the show. There are about a dozen cars that have showed interest, I hope everyone shows up with a friend or two.

See you there.
Regards
Kevin Warren
[email protected]
831 345-3691

I will be there no car yet... the Demon is still in body work stages....

Hopefully next year.

Craig

If you need any finishing pieces to your Demon I hope you can find them. And get them at a reasonable price.

I have been working feverishly on the cars the past couple of evenings.

Steve, just a little update; the LX crowd looks to be 20-30 at this point Saturday......Minimum. Sunday is still a toss up on numbers, but it now looks like there will be a bigger number than I anticipated.

Looks like others quietly spread the word. We shall see. See you Friday.

-Justin

I have been working feverishly on the cars the past couple of evenings.

Steve, just a little update; the LX crowd looks to be 20-30 at this point Saturday......Minimum. Sunday is still a toss up on numbers, but it now looks like there will be a bigger number than I anticipated.

Looks like others quietly spread the word. We shall see. See you Friday.

-Justin

Sunday is when we have the class set up for them will all the trophies. Those are nice and expensive trophies.

I wish it drove, its on stands right now, we are waiting for my rocky mountain dash to arrive and the interior is in a box somewhere in the garage. It still needs gauges and we aren't quite finished with the painless wiring. I do have the engine compartment completed... :(

painless wiring is an interesting name for a company, it is like an oxymoron...lol, so how their kit?

-
Back