roller rockers

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
i am getting a 360 with J heads built right now and the builder doenst want to use aluminum roller rockers! he said the best way to go is to get the stainless steal roller rockers! he said the al rockers are known to break and he has seen it! what do you guys think of that?

Be careful with stainless steel rockers. They GAWL real easy. Especially if the shafts are stainless too!

The old saying is "you get what you pay for" , there are good rollers out there like racer brown,crane etc and there are parts made in china and places like that. Again; if your willing to part with your hard earned money you can find good dependable parts but there pricey. I question if they are really worth the expense?Just my two cents worth!:burnout:

Just my humble opinion but...

If I were to go for roller rockers I'd look for ones with needle bearings,if such a thing exists..

Comp Cams Magnum Rollers. Never heard a bad thing about them.

Comp Cams Magnum rocker arms are nice. About $450 for a set with shafts. They can be used with a stock style pushrod, one with a ball on each end.

How good are the Harland Sharps?

Was considering the direct bolt in 1.6 for magnums.

Save some money and get a more durable rocker. Ductile iron. Yes, ductile iron. Lasts forever. Will not let you down.

Over 500 passes on my Crane Gold rockers and have yet to have a failure with them. Shift at 6800 and through the lights at 7000, every pass.

That's what my machinist tells me too. He runs his 340 up to 7,000 rpm and runs mid 10's with it with the stock ductile rockers.

I have a set of bushed MP ductile arms on my W2s and have run them just past 6500 (which is the range they are advertised for). The unbushed versions are supposed to be good up to 6K.

I have ProForm Aluminum Roller Rockers in my 360. They are needle bearing type, and they were under $200 for the set.

Would I use them on a high dollar racing engine? Probably not..However, I know of several engines they have been used on and they seem to be good rollers for mild built engines. My motor is only .475 lift max, with moderate valve spring pressures.

had a set of crane gold's on 360-408in, shifting at 6800,and never had any problems. ran a best et 10.22 @ 128 mph in a 2400 pound demon w/a small roller cam.

my engine builder hates Aluminum rockers he said they break and he has seen it happen! so he told be to go with stainless steal! the ebay link above is what he said would be a good choice for my 425hp 360!

I don't have mine handy to compare with, but the ebay rockers look a lot like the Comp Magnum rockers. The ebay pic isn't very good, though, so it's hard to see any detail.

I cantacted the seller, and he tells me the rockers are from PRW. Does anyone know if these are good? How do they compare with Comp Cams rockers? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but this is the first time I've seen these rockers.

-
Back