"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
he hasn't REALLY invited me just yet......but I'll keep try'n

he's probably afraid I'll hide his plazma cutter......he won't be back for 9 months or so...maybe it'll have cooled down by then

Can't wait to see what he got cookin' next...definately not afraid to go "where no man has gone before"

keep me posted, I'll bring the beer................................. :yawinkle:

I'll gladly drink any of these without complaining.

I'm sure you'll have a different order in mind......

#1 Corona

#2 Heineken

#3 Dos Equis

#4 Killians Red

#5 Labatt Blue

#6 Becks

#7 Molson

#8 Sapporo (Japanese)

#9 Guiness Dark

#10 Samuel Adams Black Lager

money says...he'll put the Canadian brew at the top

You guys are awesome! Haven't been around much since getting back to Switzerland. Started a new job a week ago, and between that and school, I'm some crazy busy! Who would have thunk a REAL job takes a lot of time. huh.

I'm also slowly recovering, physically and mentally, from my 3 weeks of organized (and sometimes disorganized) chaos. I've already got my shopping list for this year good to go. I need to pick up another set of doors but that's a bit difficult to do when I can't just buy a "new" set of doors and can't exactly see what I'm getting over the web. I'm pretty stoked about this year's shopping list, including body panels, electronic coil-overs, super pimp steering rack, and other fun stuff too. Already started mapping out the next Christmas visit. This waiting stuff sucks...

I'll be back in 9 months Denny, you are formally invited.

cool......I started to type that I'll wheel my new Duster up there...your not too far away...but I don't think the drag radials will bite too well in the Michigan winter snow

Check out the final assembly ...new thread..this catagory....A Bodies...Big Motors/New Hemi Duster Final Assembly

what is a "super pimp steering rack".....also "electronic coilovers" ????

Super Pimp Steering Rack is a Woodward Steering power rack, things are like jewelry and they build them in custom lengths, which is part of the reason I'm going with them.

HL%20Long%20Rack%20600%20pixels.jpg

Electronic coilovers are a new coilover, as of last year, from Ride Tech that allows you to electrnically switch between two damping modes, a soft compliant ride or a more firm sport mode for handling/performance. Pretty cool stuff, and MUCH cheaper than going the entire air ride route, which is what I was originally going to do.

Super Pimp Steering Rack is a Woodward Steering power rack, things are like jewelry and they build them in custom lengths, which is part of the reason I'm going with them.

HL%20Long%20Rack%20600%20pixels.jpg

Electronic coilovers are a new coilover, as of last year, from Ride Tech that allows you to electrnically switch between two damping modes, a soft compliant ride or a more firm sport mode for handling/performance. Pretty cool stuff, and MUCH cheaper than going the entire air ride route, which is what I was originally going to do.

that rack is pretty neat................ I want one! lol

I think rapidtransitric was referring to me.........I had to p**...it comes with age

that rack is pretty neat................ I want one! lol

rack looks kool, cant see how it mounts,not looking like it will just bolt in to a mustang rack style mount,,,

more on the electronic coil overs when you get time please,,,i too was going to go air ride on my street rod,,after talking to several rodders, i still find it hard to believe the air bagged cars ride hard,,thats what ive been told by many,,

I think you are either talking to wrong guys about Air Ride, not talking about Ride Tech Air Ride, or both. Ride Tech has come so far with their equipment, and they continue to improve on it. I've chatted with a lot of guys on pro-touring.com who have and are running Ride Tech Air and have nothing but great things to say. From what I've read, their controls are not the top of the line, but their Shockwaves don't get any better for ride and even performance handling. I've heard awesome feedback on the AccuAir controls when coupled with the Ride Tech single or double adjustable shockwave. Ride Tech is also testing via a 1968 Camaro running the One Lap of America, a 3 way adjustable shock.

The shock I'm referring to is their "Select Series" shock and it can build it as a Shockwave (air over shock), a coil-over, or sell it as a stand alone shock. Here is a link to descriptions of all their shocks, all of which can be built with air or coil-overs.

http://www.ridetech.com/info/shock-series-overview/

I've been very impressed with the feedback I've read from guys running the Select Series and I've been planning to run this shock all along, air or coil-over. It's definitely worth checking out.

The rack from Woodward definitely does NOT mount like your typical MII rack. It actually mounts from the bottom with 3 bolts in a triangular shape. Woodward has a TON of tech on their site in addition to instructions on mounting their rack.

Here's a video on the shocks as well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApeQnAv3VNc"]YouTube - RideTech Select Series ShockWave / Shocks - Introduction[/ame]

Also made in Indiana...

The car is looking great Will! That rack is sick I want one but i dont have the guts to even call to see what it would cost. Whatching your car come together has me motivated to work on mine. You are a billion miles away from yours and you are getting done faster then me.

i too was going to go air ride on my street rod,,after talking to several rodders, i still find it hard to believe the air bagged cars ride hard,,thats what ive been told by many,,

The people you talked to dont have there air ride set up correctly. I have ridden is cars that rode great and ones that were harsh. All bags have a sweet spot that you need to drive at or it may ride bad. Air ride technologies figures it out for you which is why there systems are so good.

you are probably correct on there air bags not being set up properly,,but the guys from air ride that go to the events really didnt have much to say about the set up i would need to use,,,most of the rodders told me,,they use it just to pull in to a show and slam it to the ground,,, i was looking for a nicer ride, just like in a modern tractor trailer,,,,

the kit i woud have to use would be a universal kit,, bags spacers, and shocks mounted out side of the bags, no real kit for a front coil springed 1940 dodge,, thanks for the reply,,,didnt meen to steal your HOT TOPIC very kool car,,

Thanks for the comments Nate. It's great that we bounce off each other for inspiration / motivation. Your build is the one that really told me I can do what I was envisioning and so I moved on it. Yours was the greatest source of inspiration for my build, so I'm glad to give even just a tiny bit back.

Fstfish, it doesn't surprise me that Ride Tech doesn't have a "kit" for your build. They can't have a kit for everything, but they do have the capability to help you get figured out everything you need. Still, you can get the ride you are looking for IF, as Nate said, you set it up correctly. There is a premium ride height for the bags that will give you what you want.

Will Tony Bicknell at Ridetech was a great help with my two kits. Excellent service! [email protected] Tell I sent you. I might get a t-shirt lol

Thanks 2 Darts. I've actually spoken extensively with Britt Marolf, product development manager, and he's been awesome. From my experience, the entire staff at Ride Tech is great, but I'll be sure to see if Tony will hook you up... They did just have a T-shirt design contest after all.

-
Back