"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
thanks for the info,,ill give him a call when i get back to the rod,,,ide like to have a better ride the coil springs,,but i know there is modern technology now in coils also,,,

I love it when work gets done on my junk when I'm a Gajillion miles away...

Just ordered a fiberglass hood from Glasstek. Flat bolt-on, but it's going to get some wicked love. So this is what I'm getting:
6769dartHD1.jpg

And this is what I'm doing; chopping, cutting, and molding this onto the boring Dart hood...
image002_2-2.png

And after that, a few coats of this will be sprayed on it to make sure it's exactly the color I want.
file-1.jpg

And that's it for now. Another month and a half and I should be ordering my Ridetech stuff. Then the rest of my glass stuff, then steering rack, then AMD stuff, then...

I can't wait to see this all together!

Did you get the power windows figured out?

RTom

we're gonna have to change your name to "MAD MAXX SWISSWILL"

RTom, haven't got the power windows 100% figured out but I'm about 50% there. Just trying to make sure I can get something on the rear quarter windows.

I don't know about "Mad Maxx" Denny. My car may have not have enough "Street Fighter" look to it, but we'll play with it and see what happens.

As it turns out, Glasstek had my hood in stock (didn't expect that), so as of today it will be headed down South to be transformed from it's current BORING state, to something worth putting on my car. It'll be kind of fun having a 1 of 1 hood on the car...

love the hoood idea,,looks like current viper hood ??? who is going to do the cutting and chopping and bonding of the 2 hoods???

Good eye. It is the current (if you can still call it that) Viper hood. Steve Enochs at Paintshop 101 is going to do the work on it. He recently did one for a Bee and is working on one for a Charger. We were talking about the one he did on the Bee and I told him about my project, showed him the rendering, and he liked it so he wanted to do the hood. Now we're slipping mine in there. I'm really pumped about seeing the finished product, especially the color. I saw a BMW sportwagon this color a few weeks ago and decided that was it. I've been scanning colors for months trying to find the one and I think this is it. Can't wait, unfortunately I have to. Story of this build...

This is just going to be sexy... I can't wait to see it finished and in color.

The stock hood from Glasstek. I'm told it's a very nice, well constructed piece.
file-62.jpg

Scoop mocked up. Don't know how long it will be before it's finished, but I have a few months...
file-64.jpg

file-63.jpg

that viper bee is frekin sweet need more info what shop more photos i want to follow the build on that one sick designs and thoughts looks like challenger rear lights to
turbo tucked into quarters in the words of chris farrle O MY GOD

Can't wait to see the hood finished...

paintshop101......cool site...actual shop looks even cooler...kind of a hot rod heaven for us gearheads....

if I lived within 100 miles I'd be camped on their doorstep ..just to check out their stuff

got a new appriciation for the hood modification....I was concerned it would look like somethin' I would see at the Autorama in the '70's....but on the BEE ,it was more subtle....and blended well

I've had this vision for the hood since I began planning my build. I found the paintshop101 site and saw the Viper Bee and it's hood. I immediately contacted Steve over there, talked about my build, showed him the rendering, and he was on board for doing the hood, so it's in his shop getting built. If I was closer to him, I'd send the car there for bodywork once it's on the ground. Who knows, it may have to make the long trip down to San Antone anyhow. We'll see. Can't wait to see it finished.

A little bit of progress on the hood. Once it's finished, the builder is thinking of pulling a mold and offering them. Trying to work in the possibility of Carbon... Would be awesome! May be seeing a thread on here and other Mopar sites gauging interest as the hoods approaches completion. Also ordered my Ride Tech suspension last week. I didn't pick up a control system yet since I'm nowhere near ready for that and I'd like to see how the technology for controls evolves over the next couple years.

file-65.jpg

file-66.jpg

I was wondering why steve had a flat 69 hood in his shop, I asked him about it and I didnt put 2 and 2 together. I am down to buy one if he molds them.

Or maybe I will just offer him money for yours, haha, just kidding.

No you know. If he does decide to mold them I have a feeling he would be able to sell them. He'd be the only one offering it that's for sure. I really would love to see it in carbon too.

I'm going to contact him for one of those hoods for my dart! What kinda price range is he charging you for that custom hood? wow! bad *** build dude!:thumbup:

I'm going to contact him for one of those hoods for my dart! What kinda price range is he charging you for that custom hood? wow! bad *** build dude!:thumbup:

As far as I know he hasn't decided for sure if he's going to pull a mold, but I've already let him know there is interest in a couple hoods should he do it. No idea what he would do on pricing if he did it. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag for what he's charging me to build it. But, he has been great to work with and together we came up with a fair price for the work. More or less what I expected, maybe a bit less. I can't wait to get this thing on my project. I did tell him to take his time though since I'm not in a rush... I can't play with it for another 6 1/2 months. Still, I'm way stoked!

As it gets closer and we have better pics, should Steve still want to pursue a mold, I'll put a formal feeler thread out there on a few different forums to gauge interest.

Will....good to hear from you....hood should fit in well with the rest of your "outside the lines" creation

Denny

That yellow cuda back there used to be mine

Btw , your hood is resting on my car, you know what they say about possession being 9/10ths and all, haha

-
Back