"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Nope, no shortening of the pump necessary. I am getting a kit from Vaporworx which includes a 5th gen Camaro fuel module, necessary mounting rings, etc. The great thing about this fuel module is it does the filtering, pumping, and regulating, as well as includes a built-in surge tank/reservoir, venturi pumps to keep the reservoir full, electrical bulkheads, and fuel level sensor. Everything needed in one shot. If I were building a full-on track car, I could add two corner pickups so I would never have fuel starvation issues.

Big thanks to Tin and Eric on this. I'm really pumped about the tank and as soon as I have the new core support together, I'll be getting them the dimensions for my radiator and we'll knock that bad boy out too.

It will definitely be sweet.

Currently, I'm researching dry sump systems. I may be going dry sump to get the clearance I need under the cross-member. I may be able to pull this off for about the same price, if not less, than a custom pan. One more thing to make room for, but it may work out okay.

It will definitely be sweet.

Currently, I'm researching dry sump systems. I may be going dry sump to get the clearance I need under the cross-member. I may be able to pull this off for about the same price, if not less, than a custom pan. One more thing to make room for, but it may work out okay.

We could probably help you out with a custom base pan.....:glasses8:

I'll keep that in mind Tin. I'm initially going to cut my pan down and get the size I need, then get the scavenge setup and see where I'm at. If I want something a bit cleaner after that I can send you the pan and you can use it as a sort of template.

Doing well Rich, thanks. A lot going on right now with school but things happening in the background on the car. I need to connect with you soon but things are too insane right now to chat at any length. Maybe after the first of Feb. or so. May shoot you an email if I ever get a chance. Take care, stay warm!

Even though I'm not actually the one doing it, progress is progress... A few weeks ago I received what might be the first set of Digi-Tails for the '69 Dart. Pretty pumped about these and am looking forward to getting back and playing with them a bit.
file-145.jpg

Also got the first pic today of my custom stainless steel fuel tank. Big thanks to Tincup and White Trash for the work on this. Tin took my initial drawings and dimensions and between he and White Trash, made it into a useable design. I ordered a fuel module from Vaporworx to run in it, has a built in sump, regulator and fuel level sender. Should work out perfect in my build. Can't wait to see this thing done. After it's finished, it will find it's way for coating in Tennessee before heading up to Grand Rapids. Something else I'm real excited to get playing with. Tin and White Trash have been awesome to work with!
file-146.jpg

If you're in the market, I highly recommend these guys.

Will,
Glad to hear things are moving along on this build. What have you decided as far as a fuel filler? Are you using the original location or moving it to the top of the quarter? Tell us more about those taillights!! Do they make front turn/park also?
~Michael

Michael,
I'm going to put the fuel filler on the deck-lid filler panel. Once I get it on the ground I'll know for sure if it will go in the middle or offset to the driver side. Taillights are sequential digital led's produced by Digi-Tails. They have just started coming out with Mopar stuff and beginning with A-body, spearheaded by Bakaruda. The A-body stuff isn't even on their website yet so you'll have to call if your interested. If you are interested, talk to Alex, he was great with my order. They do not make front turn/park signals at this point. They do for some Chevy's but not for the Mopar's at this point. I think the fact they ventured out and did these for us is a huge step. I've been asking for a couple years and I know Bakaruda was all over them for lights for his Baracuda.

Are sweet! I want some for my 67... Let us know how they look when you get to play with them.
Joe

Will,
Thanks for the information. I checked their site after you posted the pic and couldn't find them that's why I asked. I will give Alex a call and hopefully if we can show them there is demand they will decide to produce the front turn/park as well. Big thanks to Bakaruda for getting them pushed into making A-Body stuff!!!

I am confused on the fuel filler. Are you going to be able to use the trunk? Are you removing the spare tire well for installation?

~Michael

I'll play with them in a month when I'm back joeboy. If I can pull it off, I'll get video of the sequential too.

Dartman, the stock fuel filler is being replaced by a lemans style which will be located on the filler panel. I have eliminated the spare tire well and will have a flat trunk floor, but the filler neck will be similar to stock running through the trunk.
file-142.jpg

Will,
Thanks for the clarification! I see what your plan is now!!
Keep up the great work. Can not wait to see this finished.
~Michael

Couple updated pics from Eric on my tank. Still needs the mounting brackets before being sent to Leanna for a paint job... Big thanks to Mike and Eric for this. I'm looking forward to getting back and hanging this.

tank-2.jpg

fueltank.jpg

And the tank is finished, more or less. Still need to add a fitting for the vent tube, but that is on it's way from The GMR. Then off to Leanna for powder coat. So close to done...

file-147.jpg

Will...may I recommend you wait to powdercoat? ....when all the other mods are finalized/complete. kinda like tacking...if you need to make even the slightest change...or scratch or bang it...well you know...sh$t happens!

your call of course....

Good to hear from you,
Denny

BTW... nice work on the tank fab...a piece of art!!!

You're a very wise man Denny. It does happen, I need to rethink this coating thing. I will have some stuff to send to Leanna later so I may just have to make one large shipment to her. Logistically it's easier now, but you are right, I really don't want to coat that thing than decide later I want to modify the tank somehow. Thanks for stopping in and sharing your wisdom!

You're a very wise man Denny. It does happen, I need to rethink this coating thing. I will have some stuff to send to Leanna later so I may just have to make one large shipment to her. Logistically it's easier now, but you are right, I really don't want to coat that thing than decide later I want to modify the tank somehow. Thanks for stopping in and sharing your wisdom!

Probably a good idea.....

-
Back