"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Just goes to show you
.....I'm not just another pretty face

So I got in Sunday night and have been going on the car since Tuesday. Progress is pretty good, though I wish I was a bit further but I'm still doing well. Here are a few photos, more to come later.

Final engine location... (unless I NEED more cabin space)
file-155.jpg

For perspective, the vertical line is the axle centerline, in-line with number one; meaning that the engine is set back quite a ways

file-152.jpg

file-154.jpg

Engine mounts
file-156.jpg

On to the rear of the car. Pumpkin mounted
file-151.jpg

Almost finished with the rear, need to build the upper shock mounts and the tie rod adjuster mounts
file-150.jpg

file-149.jpg

Bis später!

Awesome designing and fabricating!! Magazine material for sure!

WOW is all I can say. I had never seen this thread until yesterday. You are a mad man with awesome skills....all in a two car garage yet.

Thanks guys. It's coming along, the rear is finished short of inner tie rod mounts. Those would be finished but I need a belt for my grinder and am having a hard time finding one. Hoping to find one Monday. New front LCA's are pretty close to finished and I will have the front suspension finished at the latest Monday night. Pics are coming.

Nate, good to see you man. Any updates on your project? Been working on it?

I am making some progress. All the old brackets for the rear are cut off and ground smooth. Half of the new brackets are made I am waiting on a couple of things to finish them up and then i will post some pics.

Do you have a tubing bender or are you ordering all of your stuff to your spec?

Glad to hear progress is being made anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of what you are working on.

I have a tube bender. Currently just a 1.5" x 4.5" CLR die but have a 1.25" x 3.5" CLR and a 1" x 3.5" CLR die on order. Just about to start getting crazy with tube bending.

Updates...

The rear end is pretty close to finished. Just need to add mounts for the inner tie rods and I'm good to go. Also notice the air tank for the suspension hung behind the pumpkin. I wanted to hang the compressor and valve block there too but I don't have enough room.
file-163.jpg

file-164.jpg

rear suspension from the front
file-165.jpg

Front LCA's are built, still need to add a cross brace and the shock mounts (tomorrow)
file-160.jpg

Close to having the front suspension finished, just need to add shock mounts and move the rack up 1.5".
file-167.jpg

file-168.jpg

Bis bald...

Is it just me, or do those motor mounts look a little flimsy to hold 500HP?

I'm hoping it's just you, but you're the engineer, what do you recommend? The plate is 3/16", tube is 1.5", and all of it "seems" stronger than the 1/8" aluminum mounts that came from the factory.

Or do you mean the frame side?

I'm hoping it's just you, but you're the engineer, what do you recommend? The plate is 3/16", tube is 1.5", and all of it "seems" stronger than the 1/8" aluminum mounts that came from the factory.

Or do you mean the frame side?

Maybe just some gussets or a cross bar to tie the two side pieces together.

Maybe just some gussets or a cross bar to tie the two side pieces together.

I was thinking something like this.....

Attachments

• Motor mount brace.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 667
Something like this.....The proportions may be wrong, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• Motor mount assy.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 676
-
Back