"Rookie-Touring" '69 Dart

-
Been pretty quiet in here...
file-184.jpg

file-183.jpg

More when I'm awake enough to post. Back to Zurich tomorrow, had tons of exhausting fun. Big thanks to my friends Dave, Jeff, and Greg for everything, big or small!

looks like a sneek peek to me....

have a safe trip back.....hope there is no truth to the rumor that you just enjoy going thru the TSA security checkpoints....naw...I don't believe it for a second

So where did I leave off? Yes, front's done, rear's done, back-brace is done, still need to do the front down bars and finish the core support in order to hang the fenders and stuff. Then it's off to body-work. Yes it does ride a bit low, 5" from the ground to the frame; but I've seen others at this height and they seem to be all good. The quarters are not welded in yet and the pinch rail flange has not been cut off so that makes the rear look a bit lower. A lot more to do before it's ready for the body shop, but should be able to get all that done, and then some, the next two weeks I have at Christmas. All in all, I'm real happy with where I'm at on the project. I couldn't have done it without the help of some great guys, Dave, Jeff (droptop73), and Greg (ChopSmitty). All their assistance, big or little, has helped me get this far. Still a few issues to resolve but nothing that will be too ridiculous.I'm already looking forward to the next trip, 9 months from now...

Not the best pics of the back-brace, but you get the idea.
file-175.jpg

file-176.jpg

The hood, man this thing is freaking AWESOME!!! (fenders and hood to resting in place, more or less) BMW Interlagos Blue, sustained some shipping damage but just small stuff.
file-181.jpg

file-172.jpg

The gang, Dave, Myself, and Jeff (not the best lighting, but it was getting dark Saturday evening)
file-186.jpg

file-177.jpg

And a few fun money shots, just for fun

file-173.jpg

file-174.jpg

After rolling it back in the garage with the new doors ('74 doors w/ no wing window, hate those things), 'glass fenders & trunk lid
file-180.jpg

file-179.jpg

file-182.jpg

No worries at full compression or extension. All part of the packaging/geometry issues I've had to deal with. Turning diameter should be 37'-40' and I can get the full 6" rack travel. If that turning diameter is not enough, I'll stick my foot in it a bit further...

No worries at full compression or extension. All part of the packaging/geometry issues I've had to deal with. Turning diameter should be 37'-40' and I can get the full 6" rack travel. If that turning diameter is not enough, I'll stick my foot in it a bit further...

Looking good Will........... and putting your foot in it isnt a bad thing!

:D

Have a good trip back, That is one Bad *** Dart !!!! Being a military guy I think it only appropriate to say "I salute you for your effort to this awesome build" !!!!!!!

Awesome. The car and your plans for driving it...

Joe

Thanks guys, it's come a long way in a short amount of time. Tin, I forgot to post this pic of the side profile with the tank. The tank is a perfect fit! Not that you can see it standing near the car with it sitting so low, but here is the profile.

file-188.jpg

be done in about....what ?...couple of weeks?

just bustin on ya...looks great and gotta feel good to to see a little light at the end of the tunnell...

I can tell by the grins!

Good job fellers!..and Mopar to 'ya
Denny

Glad to hear the tank fits. :-D I've been trying to save a spot for ya.

The build is coming along fantastic!!! Your crew does nice work.

Wow now thats a Hybrid. Excellent work!! I enjoyed the read and all the good pics. This car deserves only the best paint work and detailing. Even if you have to wait another year to cover costs to do it. NO SWIRLS. Take care

Wow now thats a Hybrid. Excellent work!! I enjoyed the read and all the good pics. This car deserves only the best paint work and detailing. Even if you have to wait another year to cover costs to do it. NO SWIRLS. Take care

sounds like a true bodyman!

hahaha, you guys are awesome! thanks! a lot more to go, but for now, the pics of it on the ground are holding me over.

My wife was asking the other day about how low it sits and I was trying to find something here to give her some perspective. A bit later I ended up walking next to one of these thinking, huh, knee, top of door, waist just below roof, that's about right. I have to confess, I got a bit excited. Now if only I could fix the aero issues...

porsche_911_gt3-rs_10_02.jpg

-
Back