"rusty ol cuda" nightmare on any street wheelstander project

-
incorrect...they have to go thru my inspection and if a state trooper git'z ahold of you or any policeman it needs to have the fundamentals or you could recieve a citation...it's best to have everything working properly in any case...I'm playin with exhaust tryin to figure out how to have what I wan't and be street legal at the same time and i'm still carryin the front brakes..I'd rather the car be safe and do what i want..if it don't do that then there is no sence in making it street legal...simple as that

I know you gotta have it all work. I was more refering to having to get it inspected by the state and having the emissions checked which we dont have to do.

Waggs you going to put a scatter gard behind you .. So if that thing ever blows up your coverd some what any way lol ?

It's all good emilio...those guidlines are put in place for our safety and those around us and should be bare minimums from our point of view....to make this car street legal will be no problem but to make it safe on the street will take more work such as brake bias, setting caster camber for it's new configuration....driving something like this on the street is asking for trouble in the wrong hand's, doesn't matter if it's a ten second car or a twenty two second car in the wrong hands it is a loaded gun, everytime you drive a car there is more at risk than a fender or a 1/4 panel there are peoples lives at stake. there are lots of fast cars on the road and the driver is responcible to make sure things are right with the car and to drive it in a manner safe to those around.....street racing was popular when I was your age....as time progressed that has diminished...there is however an influx of people that should not be driving cars...and with that there are more people that should not own a fast car....not judging people but really some people have no concept of the damage that can happen.....back when I street raced the crowd would get to close for comfort and I'd shut the car off.....what if an axel would break and send a wheel flyin?or git a lil to sideways and hit a spectator? us old timers had a hell of a time tryin to race with the brave young crowd gathered too closely when we want'ed to Cha' Cha' seen many races not go due to lack of fear from the spectators where the drivers were worried sick someone would get hurt theres a word that describes the stupidist thing I have seen from the younger crowd.....RISK , heres a word or two...tomorrow is promised to nobody....and if you take time to do something...take the extra time to do it right...I have flagged street races and you can bet as soon as I dropped em i was steppin forward to avoid a broke axel or a lost wheel...when I flagged drivers liked it and others copied what i was doing..it worked some didn't understand at first but did after asking, they knew I had seen mishaps and tradgedy...you don't want to see that I promise....i know this is a drag to hear but if someone can get hurt somehow....don't do it, life is too short and to precious...don't take that RISK wait till the time is right
I know you gotta have it all work. I was more refering to having to get it inspected by the state and having the emissions checked which we dont have to do.

....so I neutral dropped it at 2500 rpm's......problem? nah...ramchargers back in the day would punch the low button at 4500 rpms....it's either gonna stay together or fly apart.....that was Kewl!!!!!!!!!!! I did a wheelie!!!!!

I just found this new thread. I was still going to the old one.

Ya, the Ramchargers did it. But they weren't paying for the parts, and they replaced the trans frequently. Plus the slicks were nothing like the ones today. Remember the 1/4 mile smokies? NO traction.

It will live for awhile, and then there will be a million pieces in the pan, if it does break the case in half first. Or the rear sprag will fail. Don't ask me how "I KNOW". :?

I'm glad to see you went with disc brakes!!! Much safer.

You did the front pillow block a little different. Bob used 2 pivots, one each at the forward end of the subframe bars. That way it worked more like a ladder bar.

Bob also said every time he did an "all 4 wheels off the ground" wheelie, the 8-3/4 spider gears were toast. He always carried several spares til he changed to the 10.5" Eaton rear end. Problem solved.

Looking Good. Wish mine was progressing that fast.

I was thinkin the same thing, for now i'm gonna focus on the car as a wheelstander and if i can tame it down a bit later with less convertor, I havent had any time to work on it this week but did take her for a lil spin up to my moms and back....she wants to drive it....
If your driving it on the street it may be.... MHO

I was thinkin the same thing, for now i'm gonna focus on the car as a wheelstander and if i can tame it down a bit later with less convertor, I havent had any time to work on it this week but did take her for a lil spin up to my moms and back....she wants to drive it....

That is really cool!

Man that is wheelie awesome! I have been waiting sooooo patiently for you to get it to this point. Thanks for posting!

well she no longer has dual 750 edelbrocks, down to a torker tm5 intake and one 750 edelbrock but i see the holley gittin robbed off of the duster and i think I need to recurve the distributor, I may have to put more gear in and switch to high in the transfer case??? it's all trial and error at this point

:blob: Very cool waggs..........Wheels UP :cheers:

I keep getting ( update flash player ) It won't up date it :blob: dadburn it :protest:

I'm thanking if you had willy bars you would have more confidence that it not going to flip and you would hold the throttle longer

No confidence issues...engine just isn't running the way it should, baby steps here.... actually when the secondaries open it drops the nose cause 1500 cfm's is too much for a stock bottom end 360 i changed intakes last nite and she picks em up another foot...all steel front fenders and hood and no lead in the car yet
I'm thanking if you had willy bars you would have more confidence that it not going to flip and you would hold the throttle longer

-
Back