"RV cam" ...... huh?

-
I think what we see is the term "RV Cam" really has no meaning other than it's a "smallish cam" for the engine ........ whatever that means :D And it's safe to say if I buy a cam I won't be telling Summit "send me an RV cam for my 318"... LOL. I want cam specs. Without specs, it could be a 3/4" cam !!!! :eek:

3/4 cam ? What do you do for the other 1/4?
Guess you would have a Full Race with the other 1/4.
Or maybe a 3/4 cam is for a V6.

WANTED:
"I'm looking to buy a cam from a RV 360 to put in my Duster. Thanks"
Here you go, special only for you.
100_2362.JPG

It cannot be possible that any cam that is installed in a RV becomes an RV cam. And the same RV cam installed in one engine becomes a "NON-RV Cam" in another engine. The science is tough to catch, but I'm trying :D
  • I still have no idea what "RV cam" is, and what it takes to qualify as an RV cam.... LOL.
Well, if an engine is in an RV, wouldn't it be an RV engine? So wouldn't that mean that the cam in an RV engine would be an RV cam. But I have trouble with the term street cam. Technically we all drive our cars, trucks and RVs on the street, so wouldn't all cams be street cams? Now I'm confused. I better take my medication and go to bed.

Some people just use terminology that they have heard from others without actually knowing what it means.
I had a '78 Trail Duster in for an emissions test and it was over the limit. The Service Advisor asked..."Does it have a cam in it?"
Of COURSE it does. It wouldn't run at all without a camshaft.
I knew what he meant but it was a weird way to ask if the engine had an aftermarket cam.

That reminds me of a guy I used to work with... He told me a story about when he went to the bar one time with his wife and got pulled over on the way home... :steering:

The cop asked him if he had been drinking... He replied, "Yes"... :rolleyes:

He makes him blow the breathalyzer and gets a weird look on his face... Makes him blow again... More weird looks... More cops start showing up... Now 4 - 5 cop cars, he keeps blowing and has blew about a half a dozen times now then cops ask him what he had been drinking... :realcrazy:

He holds up a pill bottle and says, "I've been drinking 7-up as I'm on anti biotics"... He points to his wife in the passenger seat and says, "Now she's drunk out of her mind"... :D

The cop is now pissed and asks him why he didn't say so in the first place... He reminded the cop that he only asked him if he had been drinking, NOT WHAT HE WAS DRINKING... :BangHead:

So he answered the question that the cop had asked him.... :lol:

clear.png

I am the type of guy that would do that same thing just to have fun with it.

It cannot be possible that any cam that is installed in a RV becomes an RV cam. And the same RV cam installed in one engine becomes a "NON-RV Cam" in another engine. The science is tough to catch, but I'm trying :D
  • I still have no idea what "RV cam" is, and what it takes to qualify as an RV cam.... LOL.

Since you can buy a motorcycle on an RV loan, I think it's a motorcycle cam.

I have a question.....
"Why is there an RV Cam but NOT an RV Carb?"

I have a question.....

Oh, they have 'em, or had them. 2bbl and heavy as a fat chick iron manifold. And guys threw them away at the first chance they could because nobody wants to be seen driving around with, or riding one...

Oh, they have 'em, or had them. 2bbl and heavy as a fat chick iron manifold. And guys threw them away at the first chance they could because nobody wants to be seen driving around with, or riding one...
I mean, why do we suggest to newbies "get a RV cam, that will add a little spunk to your 360" but we never say "Get an RV carb, that'll add a little spunk" LOL

Page 3 .... I still don't know WHAT an RV cam is... :D Some have said "what" it means to "them". This kind of falls into telling the newbie "just torque it a little bit, but not too tight, but you don't want it coming loose either, just a snug but a little snug".

These guys say "318 before we put a RV cam in it"

Page 3 .... I still don't know WHAT an RV cam is... :D Some have said "what" it means to "them". This kind of falls into telling the newbie "just torque it a little bit, but not too tight, but you don't want it coming loose either, just a snug but a little snug".

Depends on the size of the guy shearing off the bolt...to me 20 ftlbs is a little, around 64 ftlbs is normal amount because that's what I regularly torqued the prop yoke to when testing props for efficiency and fuel economy. They were used in unmanned aerial reconnaissance vehicles. (Unmanned aircraft are the ones married to harpies and bitter old bats. Manned are bachelors.)

upload_2022-7-14_9-40-31.png

Note the little fake balls hanging out in the back in a sad display of bravado. Unmanned.

upload_2022-7-14_9-43-17.png

Doesn't need to fly around with it's big balls out for show. Manned bachelor. It's balls are pure titanium.

I have a question.....

My question is how my people actually upgrading their cams in their RV’s ?

Is it really enough where people started labeling some cams RV cams.

My question is how my people actually upgrading their cams in their RV’s ?

Is it really enough where people started labeling some cams RV cams.
Absolutely 100% a fair question. Just how many upgraded their RV cams to justify calling it a RV cam.... :realcrazy::realcrazy:

Call a manufacturer. Kim

RV cam: Simply a cam designed to give extra good low end torque.
Red neck cam: any cam in any motor that will get ya there....and BACK?
Can an RV cam be a red neck cam? and can a red neck cam be an RV cam.... Most definitivily as RRR would say.

Maybe people were saying these cams are so mild you could even run them in a RV

Seen on another thread there was a cam company called RV back in the day, maybe they specialized and or known for mild cams.

-
Back